Error 1303 & 1317

myidisbb

kids computer is win home spk3. on the slaved G: drive i have to install games on. wouldnt not allow me to install a game on it. but would on c: drive. kept asking to have me log in as Administrator. googled and looked around. used CCleaner. ended up quick formating the G drive and was then able to install the game.

question is what would have cause this to begin with?

• Replies 2
  • Views 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kids computer is win home spk3. on the slaved G: drive i have to install games on. wouldnt not allow me to install a game on it. but would on c: drive. kept asking to have me log in as Administrator. googled and looked around. used CCleaner. ended up quick formating the G drive and was then able to install the game.

question is what would have cause this to begin with?

SYMPTOMS

When you try to install any one of the programs listed in the "Applies To" section, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following:

Error 1303 - cannot install to selected drive. Please select another drive such as c: or d:

Back to the top

CAUSE

This behavior occurs if your user account is damaged or is corrupted.

Back to the top

RESOLUTION

To work around this behavior, install the product from a different account or from a new account.

If you have multiple accounts on this computer, try to install the program from a different administrator account. If you do not have another administrator account, create a new administrator account, and then install the program from this account. Depending on your version of Microsoft Windows, use the appropriate steps.

Back to the top

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. Click User Accounts.

3. In the Pick a task list box, click Create a new account.

4. Type the name that you want to use for the account, and then click Next.

5. Click to select the Computer administrator check box, and then click Create Account.

6. Log off, and then sign in as the new user.

7. Try to install the program.

I agree with wryman maybe as administrator you made some privileges only for Admin account and those got corrupted and you may have faced the problem.

Archived