WinXP automatic logon

manpe

Hi... Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't find a way for my XP to logon automatically without me having to click the damn account name. On this computer I only have 1 acc and no password, but I still have to click the damn thing! It happened after I turned off the welcome screen just to check it out, but then I re-enabled it and now it asks for a click every time.

A small problem, but it annoys me for example if I want to go to the loo quickly after starting the comp, I want my system to be already up and functioning hehe :rolleyes:

Thanks guys

• Replies 6
  • Views 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can use TweakUI by Microsoft or TuneUp Utilities to do this, I'll explain using TweakUI:

Download and install TweakUI.

Start > Programs > Powertoys for Windows XP > TweakUI > Logon > Autologon > Check 'Log on automatically at system startup'.

Start; Control panel; user accounts; change the way users log inn...

Or you could go the easy way and do as Atasas kindly suggested ;) (Never noticed this part of the Control panel :blink: )

The problem you could have is that .Net framework 2.0 installed a hidden user on your system.

In Users and Accounts, search for .net machine administrator (or something like that) and delete the account.

That should fix it.

Archived