Logitech SetPoint 6.50.152

anuraag

Logitech SetPoint is the software used to install and control Logitech mice and keyboards in Windows. It contains drivers and software enabling you to take full advantage of your mouse and keyboard.

Thanks to thylacine for the update.

Download

• Replies 14
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Image

Slightly confusing this. Why should I install it in the first place if it does not work with my hardware (MX518)?

Reverted to 6.32 afterwards.

• Administrator

Posted Image

Slightly confusing this. Why should I install it in the first place if it does not work with my hardware (MX518)?

Reverted to 6.32 afterwards.

Use LGS then. Me feels LGS is better than Setpoint, atleast when it comes to customization. :)

Well, I have a G500 and didn't see any of this, with a Windows 7 x64 install...

The software installed automatically to my C: drive, without the chance to install anywhere else.

This new version of SetPoint offers far fewer options, with the mouse apparently controlled largely by the OS.

Apart from the general dumbing down and lack of choice characteristic of anything to do with Windows 8, the driver itself seems to work rather better for everyday purposes...

:yawn:

SacredCultivator
Hmm on Win7, but with latest update seems it detects my Mouse/Keyboard, but this time it doesn't show the actual picture of said keyboard/mouse. M510 (Mouse)/K350 (Keyboard)

I have a MX518 too and currently using Logitech SetPoint 6.32.20. Sucks that it's not being supported by SetPoint anymore. Never heard of LGS. Guess that's what I have to go check out now.

• Administrator

Here are three LGS (Logitech Gaming Software) screenshots for you guys, taken by me. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Holy pointless bloatware Batman and Robin...

Tx for the screenshots btw!

:dribble:

• Administrator

Holy pointless bloatware Batman and Robin...

Tx for the screenshots btw!

:dribble:

Confused. You liked it or not? :P

Anyway, all this is extremely useful for my gaming needs. :)

Confused. You liked it or not? :P

Anyway, all this is extremely useful for my gaming needs. :)

I appreciate for gamers these options are useful, even for those like me who need an accurate and hardwearing mouse for everyday purposes...

I guess my point is that I don't need high resolution graphics built into my mouse driver, telling me what a backwards and forwards button does, since I can always RTFM if I really can't figure it out. Neither do I find an overblown 50MB download exactly ideal, for what in the end constitutes less than a dozen or so options.

IMO the best mouse Logitech ever made was the G5. The G500 that was supposed to replace it, doesn't touch it in my view.

• Administrator

Those buttons in the first pic, are not only there to tell what those buttons do, they are actually there to allow a person to edit their functions. ;)

G400 is the most expensive and my first gaming mouse I've ever bought, so no idea about the others. :)

G400 is the most expensive and my first gaming mouse I've ever bought, so no idea about the others.

Quality mice are expensive but should last for longer making it a sensible investment in the longer term...

Probably once you've used a laser mouse you won't ever think of going back.

My old G5 is still going strong!

:love:

• Administrator

Quality mice are expensive but should last for longer making it a sensible investment in the longer term...

Probably once you've used a laser mouse you won't ever think of going back.

My old G5 is still going strong!

:love:

99.99% mice are lazer from more than 5 years or even a decade.

Problem is, my really extreme heavy usage. All my mice hasn't lasted a year, with giving problems in just one or two months. How? The clicks stop working after some time, again, because of heavy usage. I used Whatpulse to monitor my clicks, and as per that, I make approx 9408 clicks per day. :o

• Administrator

Hmm...small problem...there is currently no download for LGS 8.4...

:mellow:

Maybe they'll release in future. :dunno:

Archived