Comodo Internet Security 5.12.252301.2551

anuraag

Comodo Internet Security offers 360° protection against internal and external threats by combining a powerful Antivirus protection, an enterprise class packet filtering firewall, and an advanced host intrusion prevention system called Defense+. Developed by one of the world's leading IT security providers, COMODO AntiVirus leverages multiple technologies(including on demand & on access scanning, email scanning, process monitoring and worm blocking) to immediately start protecting your PC. The new-look interface facilitates quick and easy access to all major settings, including the powerful and highly configurable security rules interface.

Download

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange, I've just checked my CIS which is still v5.10, it's says my product is already up-to-date... Perhaps they broke the update mechanism on old CIS. Thanks for the update.

Strange, I've just checked my CIS which is still v5.10, it's says my product is already up-to-date... Perhaps they broke the update mechanism on old CIS. Thanks for the update.

It takes some time to auto-update.

COMODO Internet Security v5.12 for Windows 8

[2012-08-24]

CIS 5.12 fully supports Windows 8.

Changelog/FAQ

1 - I do NOT use Windows 8 and I have CIS 5.10, do I need to install CIS 5.12?

No. You do not need to install CIS 5.12. We will be upgrading you to CIS 6 in a few weeks.

2 - Are CIS 5.10 users going to get updates?

No. We will not issue updates to existing users because we will be updating them to CIS 6 shortly.

3 - Is CIS 5.12 going to provide more security than CIS 5.10?

No. The only difference in CIS 5.12 is Windows 8 support.

4 - I am using Windows 7/XP/Vista, can I install CIS 5.12?

You can still install CIS 5.12 if you would like to do so.

5 - If I install CIS 5.12, am I going to be updated to CIS 6 when it is released?

Yes you will receive the updates.

:)

[- Taken from the COMODO forums -]

thanks brain_death everything is explained... im happy that they issue a major update to this suite :)

i only trust comodo has my main firewall... almost in every computer i have antivirus not active (emsisoft anti malware very good try it if you need something to protect you and your data well well) and with comodo.

if you are thinking of trying anti malware :) here is the direct link... then you will only need to put 30 day trial and you can test everything... ( you can activate trial and deactivate all the shields after if you wish... its good to activate trial because the program will update automaticaly with no impact on pc...

http://download.emsi...reSetup_6188034

you can use after that the free mode scanner to scan the pc ( the shields will be deactivated when the trial ends) dont forget to update the definitions first

Archived