Comodo or Outpost?

Bean

Hey guys, I can't seem to find a topic on this, everyone seems to have their own opinion on these things...

Which FW do you guys prefer?

I've been using Comodo for some time now, haven't had a problem with it except when I am installing programs...

Anyways, how do these 2 programs compare?

• Replies 7
  • Views 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comodo = no contest....just browse around and you'll find many threads about how comodo owns all

It's the #1 best firewall...and it's free too

Actually I use both. Outpost on my main computer with NOD32 AV. And Comodo with KAV on my second one. On my third one I can't remember :unsure:

They are both good ;)

hmm, if given only this two choice, i would use Outpost.

I had use Outpost on my pc for almost a year before I remove it. (due to some technical problem, can't remember what though).

It was good.

But that was the older version, had not tried the newer version though.

Welcome to the forums, (Mr.) Bean!!!! <_<

I've tried COMODO but not Outpost - did miss the degree of customization that ZoneAlarm offers. Suggest you try both COMODO & Outpost for yourself. My priority is customization - we don't know yours.

COMODO and Outpost have their own strengths & weaknesses.

For COMODO, new users complain about it being too obtrusive ( if they only knew how to suppress the alerts without turning Defense+ off... like me <_< )

For Outpost, not very user friendly when creating policies, nevertheless contains great arsenal ( e.g., the plugins ).

Personally i own a lifetime Outpost key , after submitting to them back in the 3.0 series several bugs , but for me ever since the 4.0 series Outpost has became to much of a resource hog compared to Comodo.

To put it simple for me the last stable and fast build was the 3.5 series since then I've tried them all and i must say they have gone a wrong way, as far as resources and speed are concern.

The only big plus for Outpost is the Ipv6 support which Comodo lacks and might cause some head shakes on some Vista systems, as for the privacy module the built in site manager in opera is more than enough for me so i don't need that feature in Comodo.

Archived