Mozilla Firefox Addressbar

KotaXor

If you are a Mozilla Firefox user, you might have noticed that whenever you click in the addressbar, the whole text is selected by default. Its a good feature and very handy when you want to clear the addressbar to enter a new URL but sometimes you might want to disable it. Why? because if you want to edit a URL in the addressbar, you'll need to double-click to edit it.

So it depends upon what are your requirements. This tutorial will help you in disabling this feature and after following this tutorial, you can edit the URL by simply clicking in the addressbar, it'll not select the whole text any more.

So here are the steps:

1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It’ll confirm, click on I’ll be careful, I promise! button.

2. Now type SelectsAll in the Filter box. It’ll show 2 entries:

browser.urlbar.clickSelectsAll

browser.urlbar.doubleClickSelectsAll

"clickSelectsAll" would be set to true and "doubleClickSelectsAll" would be set to false.

3. Now to disable the auto-select feature, either double-click on "clickSelectsAll" or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.

You can set Firefox to select the whole text in the addressbar by double-clicking in it. To do so, either double-click on "doubleClickSelectsAll" or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to true.

That's it. Now Firefox will no longer select the whole text when you click in the addressbar but if you double-click, it'll select the whole text for you.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are a Mozilla Firefox user, you might have noticed that whenever you click in the addressbar, the whole text is selected by default. Its a good feature and very handy when you want to clear the addressbar to enter a new URL but sometimes you might want to disable it. Why? because if you want to edit a URL in the addressbar, you'll need to double-click to edit it.

So it depends upon what are your requirements. This tutorial will help you in disabling this feature and after following this tutorial, you can edit the URL by simply clicking in the addressbar, it'll not select the whole text any more.

So here are the steps:

1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It’ll confirm, click on I’ll be careful, I promise! button.

2. Now type SelectsAll in the Filter box. It’ll show 2 entries:

browser.urlbar.clickSelectsAll

browser.urlbar.doubleClickSelectsAll

"clickSelectsAll" would be set to true and "doubleClickSelectsAll" would be set to false.

3. Now to disable the auto-select feature, either double-click on "clickSelectsAll" or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.

You can set Firefox to select the whole text in the addressbar by double-clicking in it. To do so, either double-click on "doubleClickSelectsAll" or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to true.

That's it. Now Firefox will no longer select the whole text when you click in the addressbar but if you double-click, it'll select the whole text for you.

Thanks for this :)

• 1 month later...

This is what I wanted EXACTLY!

Thanks.

Also if you want to use "I'm Feeling Lucky" which was developed by Google,

1st) Open Firefox

2nd) Goto "about:config"

3rd) Search For "keyword.url"

4th) Change the URL to "http://www.google.com/search?ie=utf-8&btnI=&q="

If you want to restore to default, Change the URL to "http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q="

This makes you type anything in the address bar and and open it directly even if you wrote in other languages!

or you are not sure about the name of the website.

Again thanks "kotaxor"

-Shmit

• 1 month later...

i missed u yesterday

Especially , When u copy-paste the links in nsane.down

:showoff2:

Archived