Clean Blubster link down...replace it with Piolet?

Guest Guest

• Replies 11
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

Hello Guest,

Even though I have no control over the links or the forums/site itself... I would like to let you know... I honestly think Blubster has 'shut-down' since I used to be a user of it and lately I haven't been able to get a connection going with it whenever I try using it... So I gave up on it and just use Limewire Pro for my Music... Sorry as for the link to be fixed, when nsane coems around, I don't know if the link will be fixed or not... But yeah you are better off trying an alternative program for now.

Sorry.... let me clarify what I meant. I already have both Clean Blubster and the last working Piolet Beta installed.... the links that I would like to have fixed or updated is not for me, it's for the people who do like to give Blubster a try. The people who do request it. But if I had my pick, I would put up Piolet instead as it is more stable and has more features than Blubster.

SacredCultivator

So is that Piolet thing like a Blubster? Only used for Music Download purposes? Because i am looking for an alternative to Blubster for my Music...

Piolet is a MANOLITO servent developed by Pablo Soto. Piolet shares the same codebase as Blubster; the name change is a result of concerns from Pablo Soto's employer, Optisoft. Piolet can share and download audio (inc. music) files, and features SHA-1 hashing, search by artist or title, filtering by bitrate, instant messaging, and voice chat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piolet

Yes, it's for MP3 only. Same Network, Same Interface, but different Name....

And also to add to my last post, while both clients are out of date, Piolet has more of the advantage because of the features and enhancements that are made to the last working Beta.

Blubster

Release Date: June 17, 2003

Piolet 1.8.3 Beta 3

Release Date: August 15, 2004

It still has a resourceful amount of MP3's on the network, but like any other network, it still has it's fake/corrupted files on there.

But I still would like to see either the link fixed, or the Piolet link instead. Just for the people who do request it, that's all.

You can find more info of both the networks and clients here:

http://www.slyck.com/mp2p.php

Guest oxygenuk

was gonna say, managed to grab a copy of the rare thing myself the other day, check my site out if its broken in future

blubster is #1 for music

• Administrator

The 1.83 piolet is 100% clean. It is however slighlty buggy and hasn't been updated in ages.

The developer has "disapeared" once again :P

fixed the blubster link :P

btw, before i list it, does piolet have any spyware?

Thanks for the updated link! As far as Piolet having spyware, NO it does not. It does not contain any bundled third party software whatsoever. Clean. No banners, no popups, no adware, no spyware. That's why I like the latest Piolet 1.8.3 Beta 3 better than Blubster.

Thanks Nsane!

Archived