Sound problem

shought

Hey guys, I've got a problem and it started recently(I think UDs Boot Time module might have something to do with it, but what).

When I'm playing music(either WMP or Winamp, checked that) it laggs at certain points. If I don't use my computer, but keep the music playing it won't lagg, but it seems that when I use the HD/CPU it starts lagging(HD or CPU, not sure). I've already googled it, but not with different terms, because I have no idea how to describe this.

My computer specs(if you need em):

Motherboard: MSI K9N Neo-F V3

Sound card: Integrated

Video card: Zotac 8600GT

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+

RAM: OCZ 2GB, DDR2-800, 4-4-4-15

Tell me what you've got guys... Any ideas?

I've just done a stress test with Everest, came out clean... I checked everything separately and all together, but it doesn't affect playing my music. However when I analyze my disk using UD, or when I start a program/game the music will lagg. This never was the case before, so something's got to be wrong... When starting another song or playback there is no lagg.

Things I recently changed: Went from no pagefile to 256 MB. Used the UD Boot Defrag. There is a possibility eBoostr messed up my RAM, but I have no idea how to check that. (Also did a stress test with System Memory, but nothing happened) I checked the Winamp default decoder for buffer underuns, but none have ever occurred...

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

U could run memtest on the ram and if I did it I would remove 1 stick and then run in safe mode. I had a bad stick and it would not show up until I did it that way; but I don't think its the memory.

U could run memtest on the ram and if I did it I would remove 1 stick and then run in safe mode. I had a bad stick and it would not show up until I did it that way; but I don't think its the memory.

I don't think RAM either, because that would give me other errors as well. Another thing I'm still unsure about is whether it only does this with music files or also when for instance playing a game...

I believe the sound in-game doesn't lagg, so it might be some kind of driver/codec issue? (Don't suggest reinstalling Winamp, since WMP has the same problem... Did try to reinstall KLCP, checking the results now). Results checked, no good :dance2:

Tried using Media Player Classic as well, to no avail. I strongly get the idea that it's the HD at fault here, but only when as much data as possible has to be read(maybe written) in the shortest time possible(like when you analyze your HD or start a program). It could also have something to do with the SATA channel or something, but I really have no idea how to fix this shit...

I have to correct myself, I'm 100% sure now it's the CPU, I was watching my CPU use graph and whenever one of my two cores reaches 80 percent my music will lagg, I can be so sure because every peak corresponds with a short lagg in my music.

Just a suggestion... Is the wire of the hdd connecten how it's supposed 2 be connecten... ? (push it a bit harder to confirm it's connected good. )

Just a suggestion... Is the wire of the hdd connecten how it's supposed 2 be connecten... ? (push it a bit harder to confirm it's connected good. )

The SATA connector? I did take both my CD Drive and HD SATA connectors out because my CD Drive was giving me some problems, but that problem was definitely inside of the CD Drive so I just put them back in. I'll try the HD on all four the connector ports :lol:

haantjuh, I love you, it's great you live in Holland as well as I do, because I'm gonna give you hugs and kisses mate :P

You just solved my problem, I used another SATA port, it seems 1 and 2 have problems or something, but 3 and 4 are working fine :ph34r:

haantjuh, I love you, it's great you live in Holland as well as I do, because I'm gonna give you hugs and kisses mate :P

You just solved my problem, I used another SATA port, it seems 1 and 2 have problems or something, but 3 and 4 are working fine :ph34r:

what item in 1 or 2 port? the cd ddrive or is it just the 2 ports themselves with what ever is connected there?

haantjuh, I love you, it's great you live in Holland as well as I do, because I'm gonna give you hugs and kisses mate :ph34r:

You just solved my problem, I used another SATA port, it seems 1 and 2 have problems or something, but 3 and 4 are working fine :lol:

what item in 1 or 2 port? the cd ddrive or is it just the 2 ports themselves with what ever is connected there?

Haven't checked that yet, it might be the combination of the ports with the HD/DVD Burner or just the ports, anyway I'm using 3 and 4 now and all is well :P

Lol hehe ^^ Had the same problem last month @ my dad's computers..

And it's because Dutch people rock :)

And it's because Dutch people rock ;)

You got that right :)

Coincidence that it just happened to you some time ago... But as Gibbs would say: 'I don't believe in coincidence!'. You gotta know that, don't you?

And it's because Dutch people rock ;)

You got that right :)

Coincidence that it just happened to you some time ago... But as Gibbs would say: 'I don't believe in coincidence!'. You gotta know that, don't you?

*nodding*.. =)

But a question..

You're Dutch right... but How did you became so good @ English.. You're Doing it as if you lived your whole life @ th US xD

Another language besides English exists?

Far as I knew, the whole universe spoke English... Proof? Star Wars, Startrek, Farscape, Galactica, Stargate... The last Starfighter did this weird thing with other languages but I think that was make believe or just part of the story. Eveybody knows English is universal.

Dutch people rock? I agree, it is really cool when people split the bill at a restaurant.

But a question..

You're Dutch right... but How did you became so good @ English.. You're Doing it as if you lived your whole life @ th US xD

My English isn't that good... A spell checker helps me for all the words that I don't know how to write... And when I don't know how to say something I just try to think of another way of saying (almost) the same.

I learned most of my English from watching movies :D and the Power Rangers :P when I was younger ;)

Dutch people rock? I agree, it is really cool when people split the bill at a restaurant.

... ? :wacko: :P

Haha Lol!

God Bless the movies on the net, without subs... That's how i can speak with ease english :dance2:

Haha Lol!

God Bless the movies on the net, without subs... That's how i can speak with ease english :dance2:

Hehe, you don't happen to know how to solve a problem with the Logitech G5 Laser Mouse, it's shown as an Unknown device in the Device manager, now I reverted the driver to the normal Windows driver and it shows as HID-Complient Mouse, but the mouse still won't show up in the Logitech SetPoint software...

shought you seem to have problem with ports, i bet you using one of those USB hub. Try direct connect your usb stuff to your comp, you have too much stuff for christ sakes :dance2: USB hub make conflicts.

shought you seem to have problem with ports, i bet you using one of those USB hub. Try direct connect your usb stuff to your comp, you have too much stuff for christ sakes :dance2: USB hub make conflicts.

I seem not to have an USB hub :)

Fixed :dance2:

If anybody wants to know:

- Remove your present mouse driver(Right-click my Computer, Manage, Device Manager, Mice, Right-click, Undo installation).

- Restart your computer with the mouse disconnected.

- Install the latest Logitech SetPoint software(preferably using your keyboard, another mouse might work as well).

- Reboot your computer.

- Connect your mouse.

- Let Windows install the default driver.

- Go back to the Device Manager.

- Upgrade your driver, don't use the internet, pick 'I want to choose', Don't search, I want to pick myself, in that screen go to this folder: 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\CDDRV2' (Logishrd might be something else starting with 'Logi'), pick the file 'LfMouHid.inf' and install it.

- Now everything should be fine.

Fixed :dance2:

If anybody wants to know:

- Remove your present mouse driver(Right-click my Computer, Manage, Device Manager, Mice, Right-click, Undo installation).

- Restart your computer with the mouse disconnected.

- Install the latest Logitech SetPoint software(preferably using your keyboard, another mouse might work as well).

- Reboot your computer.

- Connect your mouse.

- Let Windows install the default driver.

- Go back to the Device Manager.

- Upgrade your driver, don't use the internet, pick 'I want to choose', Don't search, I want to pick myself, in that screen go to this folder: 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\CDDRV2' (Logishrd might be something else starting with 'Logi'), pick the file 'LfMouHid.inf' and install it.

- Now everything should be fine.

that fix the 2 port problem that was causing your sound lag? wow heheheh

Archived