My notebook just got protected by NIS

darko999

Hi all, I just wanted to share my first infection attempt I've had in a while...

I was using my Notebook "which is protected by NIS 2012" and I was looking for some registered version of fraps 3.5.9, so I downloaded one from a youtube video, so after download I didn't receive any popsp-up from NIS, but after installing it It showed up, it was a crack.exe file which was copied to appdata, I Knew it was a fake crack, since I have never used any crack to use Fraps, and also there was no mentioned crack in the video lol.

So after these detections I ran a full MBAM and Hitman pro scan and nothing was found.

NIS protected my notebook just cool this time ; D

Posted Image

Here the infected fraps link to youtube "Note that this file may damage your operating system":

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MTicfJNeTEw

Download in description.

PD: After that I found a clean registered version of fraps 3.5.9 which I installed sucessfully.

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so now we`re going to throw a party, right? :hehe:

sorry for the sarcasm! ;)

so now we`re going to throw a party, right? :hehe:

sorry for the sarcasm! ;)

Just sharing something bro... If you think its crap, why comment then :D gotta hate your sarcasm ;=

• Administrator

• Never upload, or download any medicine from youtube. Upload cause you will be banned sooner or later, if you won't, you are a lucky person. Download cause I've seen lot of malware from youtube. Using serials posted in open are fine.

• Always use the retail version of Fraps, the ones with crack are known to be filled with viruses.

• If you are downloading a retail version, always check the digital signature.

• Never upload, or download any medicine from youtube. Upload cause you will be banned sooner or later, if you won't, you are a lucky person. Download cause I've seen lot of malware from youtube. Using serials posted in open are fine.

• Always use the retail version of Fraps, the ones with crack are known to be filled with viruses.

• If you are downloading a retail version, always check the digital signature.

Yeah I know it, but the funny part is that I finally downloaded and installed a clean and registered version of fraps 3.5.9 sucessfully from another youtube video, but you are right, 90%+ of youtube cracked software is virus or scam.

I found Nsane through a Youtube video :lol:

After you installed, Norton found it, sounds like a fail to me.

Not really, I uploaded it to VirusTotal before executing it, and just 8 or less av solutions showed some Generic or packed detection, even so NIS detected and neutralized it with no problem.

PD: And by the way im not doing any attempt to prove NIS is good lol, I actually use GData Total Protection on my desktop computer, I use NIS on my notebook for its light and smooth performance.

Archived