21 Days of Downtime

shought

If it's Microsoft hitting out at us - let's move all Windows 8 related threads into the Coders' Corner. :think:

:doh:

• Replies 156
  • Views 27.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's difficult if not impossible to tell from a DDoS 'who' is after 'us' as it's probably just a botnet being used and you can simply pay for stuff like that.

Anyhow it seems we're effectively coping with the issues now (although we're not being hit anymore at the moment).

If it's Microsoft hitting out at us - let's move all Windows 8 related threads into the Coders' Corner. :think:

he's right... it already should be placed there IMO..

Did you guys block the attack now for good ?!

We can never be sure about that. There will always be some way to 'get to us'.

It will become increasingly difficult to do so though.

Thanks again shought for all the hard work and your dedication to nsane ans his members... It's really a shitty job that takes a lot of time... respect !! ^_^

Good to have you back guys. Thank you for all your hard work and endless hours and dedication in getting the site back up. I am sure I speak for all in our community when I say your efforts in restoring the site are much appreciated

btw.. the comments on this topic aren't showing on frontpage some way ?! :huh:

The topic showing on the frontpage is 'static' (as in it is hardcoded into the site) because we can't simply leave all pinned topics at the top of the frontpage (because there's also the webhosting topic etc.). So yeah, that's why.

@shought:

it is possible that there is no way to definitively resolve these DDos attacks?

Try the Wikipedia page on DDoS attacks. Without tons of equipment and bandwidth a DDoS isn't easily mitigated.

It's a bit of a cat and mouse game, but I'm fairly confident we'll be able to win it ;)

Site feeling slow? Read this.

And no, you guys do NOT need a FB account to open / read it, not matter what FB says.

The FB page really made a big jump with Likes in the last couple of day's, i never visited this one before. ^_^

Site feeling slow? Read this.

And no, you guys do NOT need a FB account to open / read it, not matter what FB says.

The FB page really made a big jump with Likes in the last couple of day's, i never visited this one before. ^_^
Actually that's the only reason for the downtime, we felt like we needed more likes and this was the easiest way to get them.

:P

Hey, how about that, I can still make jokes even after being pissed off at hosts/DDoSers for a week :D

Ya know, there is a whole bunch of us..worldwide.

It is too bad the culprit cannot be brought to the front.

I am not the only one that would like to open a whole case of cyber whoop-ass. :guns:

Actually that's the only reason for the downtime, we felt like we needed more likes and this was the easiest way to get them.

:P

Hey, how about that, I can still make jokes even after being pissed off at hosts/DDoSers for a week :D

:lmao: You did a good job with reactions and answers, i liked the news that have been posted on new situations. And thanks for bringing nsane back, first time that FB makes sense to me (but i hate it however). :lol: :cheers:

Man, after about 3 weeks, I was about to give up but I patiently waited and, BOOM!!!, you came back. I'm happy to see you changed to a different hosting site. Hopefully this takes care of things.

Welcome back NSANE.. Without NSANE one could go INSANE... :P

Journey

I was going crazy with nothing entertaining to do with my time... Spent two weeks off the internet. Serious withdrawal symptoms!! I don't know what I'll do if this site goes offline.

:cheers:

Edit: I think everyone should show some support and like the facebook page :)

Thanks for all your hard work. I am quite sure you are getting good at reinstalling.

Love Nsane and I am very glad the group is up and running again.!!!!!!!!

Archived