Help me choose

InferiorComplex

InferiorComplex

Hello, I've been using NOD32 since I don't know when, but now I'm starting to look at comparison to notice that apparently it's not as good as I've heard, noticed and what I've experienced.

I can say that I've not had a breach in a while, quite a while, but that's not really good I guess because that might just be that the AV didn't find it.. so.

So, does anyone have a good comparison for the antiviruses out there? some personal opinions and some tips?

Which, why and experience type of thing?

All help appreciated.

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
InferiorComplex

Can you motivate? :P

I see the comparison, have you got any experience with it?

Because I've heard that it's just hype and it's not as good as people say it is.

Hello, I've been using NOD32 since I don't know when, but now I'm starting to look at comparison to notice that apparently it's not as good as I've heard, noticed and what I've experienced.

I can say that I've not had a breach in a while, quite a while, but that's not really good I guess because that might just be that the AV didn't find it.. so.

So, does anyone have a good comparison for the antiviruses out there? some personal opinions and some tips?

Which, why and experience type of thing?

All help appreciated.

hi my friend you can use norton internet security 2012 a my experience norton is the best of all use noron unlimit by moteza to activate it :)

InferiorComplex

Can you try and motivate why it's the best AV? :)

You see I'm very sensitive about what I put in my computer regarding safety and I like having all information I can possibly have before I make any descisions

Can you try and motivate why it's the best AV? :)

You see I'm very sensitive about what I put in my computer regarding safety and I like having all information I can possibly have before I make any descisions

I'm using NIS too. But i think you have to make your own experience because everyone will say that his AV is the best and it's normal because if he didn't think like this he would change it...

;)

Norton & Kaspersky are both quality system protection security applications. Try each and see where you most feel comfortable.

There is no "best antivirus", but there are many good ones. Avast Free is probably one of the best free options with an overall performance in line with NOD32.

It´s not a good idea to select a security product based in only one comparative. You need to read many of these and to take in account the historical perspective too. ESET has been an excelent product and it still is when you look at the whole picture.

There are other kind of products that alone or combined can offer a most comprehensive protection: scurity suites, hips, sandoxes, etc.

InferiorComplex

I'm going to try Bitdefender first of all, to see what I feel.

If that doesn't suit me then I'll just try Norton & Kaspersky, and if that still isn't good I'll just stick with NOD :)

Thanks for all your help, but feel free to still drop some more experience and comments :D

Get stick to ESET, I think Kaspersky and Bitdefender which are great Antivirus, will also need some basic system requirements, and of course you should feel a little or big impact on system performance.

ESET its like the only one who runs smooth and have a good detection rate, I don't see the point on switching, ESET its more than enough for regular users.

• Administrator

This ^^.

Unlike what others say, ESET is still good, and people who are used to ESET, they'll never like anything else, as nothing will "feel" as lite as ESET. ESET is still sufficient in protection.

Otherwise, go on a adventure. Try different AVs for one month atleast. And select what you like. Kaspersky, Norton, BitDefender are all A grade protection. You cannot go wrong with them. However, bottom line still remains, good ol' ESET is still good and light and does it's job fine. :)

Archived