How Many Tabs Do You Open At Once?

Tweety.Abd

How Many Tabs Do You Open At Once?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What the most number of tabs (blank pages don't count) you opened on a web-browser?

• 1 - 10
    • 11 - 20
    • 21 - 30
    • 31 - 40
    • 40 - 50
    • 50 +
  2. 2. How many tabs do you open on your average daily use?

• 1 - 10
    • 11 - 20
    • 21 - 30
    • 31 - 40
    • 41 - 50
    • 50 +

Hi!

So I was wondering how many tabs do you guys open at once on average use? Most of the browser benchmark I read speak of having more than a 100 tabs running and I wanted to know if anyone really does open that many tabs ;)

Thanks! :)

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not seems to be a poll to me! One will open tabs as per he requires. This will vary person to person accompanied with his requirements. :rolleyes:

• Administrator

1. 21-30

2. 11-20

This is my guess. I could be wrong. :dunno:

Not seems to be a poll to me! One will open tabs as per he requires. This will vary person to person accompanied with his requirements. :rolleyes:

That's the reason I mentioned on average use..

Voted 50+. But the most I had opened was over 130, and FF was working alright. But on a daily basis, I do use more than 50 easily at a time mostly. :)

I've heard of/read about people with more than 400-1000 tabs open. I don't even know how much resource that might consume, but mine needed 'bout 800-900 MB's for firefox.exe :dunno:

You can copy/paste the following code in your FF>Web Developer>Error Console and press 'Evaluate' to know how many you've got open at any point in time ;)

javascript:var w=Components.classes['@mozilla.org/appshell/window-mediator;1'].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIWindowMediator).getEnumerator('navigator:browser'),t=0;while(w.hasMoreElements())t+=w.getNext().document.getElementById("content").mTabs.length;alert("Number of open tabs = "+t+"");

I'm in favour of grouping sites. One folder for torrent sites, one folder for download sites, one for newspaper sites etc. So for those I do a replace current opened tabs when opening them all (replacetabs extension to the rescue). So with normal use I'm at around 5-10 currently open tabs.

• 1 month later...

Since i use Comodo Dragon, every single tab will be opened as an own process (with extra RAM usage),

i never have more than 10 tabs at the same time but many more than 50 tabs on a daily basis.

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Archived