Mozilla Firefox 16.0 Beta 1

anuraag

Firefox is the award winning next generation browser from Mozilla. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely, and more efficiently than with any other browser. Make the switch today - Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose. Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker. View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them. Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.

Thanks to sternog for the update.

Download

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Batter late than never. There's one thing the v15 changelog doesn't say but is mentioned on the Mozilla wiki page: massive improvements have been made in Firefox startup speed. :D

When the update will be available? Today? Tomorrow?

I do not want to uninstall version 15b6 after that to install version 16b1

When the update will be available? Today? Tomorrow?

Did you try Astrologers Online?

I do not want to uninstall version 15b6 after that to install version 16b1

15b6 doesn't need to be uninstalled - 16b1 can be installed right over it. ;)

The changelog link for 16.0 Beta gives a 404! As fugutiv3 asked - Does anybody know if the crashing problem has been fixed on this one? :dunno:

Found it really annoying and exasperating with 15 Beta. I suppose you can expect a bit of that from a Beta build, but the extent of the problem was what was/is the really annoying part :mad2:

unknownasphyxiated

you should blame adobe,not firefox for that problem

hope that firefox will make flash built in like Chrome

• Administrator

you should blame adobe,not firefox for that problem

hope that firefox will make flash built in like Chrome

Exactly. Mozilla has almost nothing to do with how Flash works. Mozilla can only do things on browser side. If Flash works shitty on Firefox then Adobe needs to check it's priorities (hint: Adobe might be paid heavily by Google to concentrate more on Chrome).

anyone else getting a firefox failed to close message with this one??? tried a reinstall a fresh win install same problems.

randomjester

Yeah, Adobe Flash makes Firefox so slow/lagging/sluggish, but Google Chrome runs so much smoother and faster. I wish Firefox ran like that.

If you want FF to stop crashing due to Flash incompatabilities, either downgrage to the last 11.2 version of Flash, or disable 11.3+'s "protected mode".

• Administrator

All my Flash related problems are solved after disabling the protected mode. No hangs, no slowdowns, etc.

So far so good. :)

but is anyone getting the error when closing firefox? im not getting any crashes but when i close firefox i get the popup that firefox was forced to close. its driving me crazy. was running adobe 11.3 on 15beta without this issue at all. only since updating to 16 beta 1 do i have this problem.

All my Flash related problems are solved after disabling the protected mode. No hangs, no slowdowns, etc.

So far so good. :)

Do you have any crashing issues? I had to disable hardware acceleration to prevent FF from crashing. Also disabling protected mode fixed my lags.

• Administrator

Do you have any crashing issues? I had to disable hardware acceleration to prevent FF from crashing. Also disabling protected mode fixed my lags.

Well, my hardware acceleration is always disabled as it has some page loading related problems. So yea, no crashing issues here.

Archived