Eset good or not good

alitaher

Posted Image

the results show that eset smart security doesn't have enough ability to protect your system if you take a look to sites that working in the field of av- comparing you'll see that it just protect 75% of your system but sth that exists is that it is a very popular AV MOST pepole that doesn't have enough

knowledge about this field might choose it but if i were them i wouldn't use it at all

there was some tries about eset in russia that they transfered a virus to there practical pc (using eset on that pc ) eset doesn't have any react on it

but when they try it on norton and kaspersky immedietly they blocked the virus

so you decide eset is good or not ? <_<

Posted Image

take a look at here to understand

• Replies 46
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm~ I'm not using bit defender but... it's far below the chart? :wtf:

bitdefender is 2nd to the lowest in that chart?..so AV Comparitives in US are lying about Bitdefender being the currently #1 AV?

bitdefender is 2nd to the lowest in that chart?..so AV Comparitives in US are lying about Bitdefender being the currently #1 AV?

from the web-site - "AV-Comparatives e.V. is an Austrian Non-Profit-Organization, which is providing independent Anti-Virus software tests free to the public." :thumbsdown:

from the web-site - "AV-Comparatives e.V. is an Austrian Non-Profit-Organization, which is providing independent Anti-Virus software tests free to the public." :thumbsdown:

..I'm not talking about the "AV-Comparatives" site. I'm talking in general. Otherwise, I'd be using quotes for the Site's name, or plainly type the site's address <_<

you said "AV Comparitives in US". exactly. plain. clear. Wrong.

..the "US" may be wrong, but whatever. So they are lying about Bitdefender being number 1? AV Comparatives - "Comparisons" of Anti Virus softwares. So when I say AV Test, will it always mean av-test.org? Okay, smart guy, you're a genius already. You don't have to prove urself anymore. :P

no, Mo..n, not genius - just not ignorant, bad manner troll.

..whatever that "Mo..n" means, I don't like it when it comes from the mouth of people like you who doesn't even THINK before he SPEAKS. :)

..and I'm certain, you don't even know what "troll" means :lmao:

Eset is still a very good product when you look at the whole picture, but not as good as it used to be some years ago. This does not mean that Eset is now worst than it used to be, it means that other AV makers did their homework better than them. Eset has followed a very conservative strategy, they had been slow adopting some advanced features that nowadays are common in other products (hips, sandboxes...).

I think/hope that Eset v6 product will change this scenario.

..sorry for the earlier posts. Anyway, ESET may have not blocked that virus, but of course, that's why Updates were made. To update the VirusDef, and block the 'new' types of virus. Now it's up to ESET if they're goin to add that particular virus on their updates :D All in all, ESET really is good, and light at the same time.

Eset was very good but it took 2 steps backwards recently with its releases.

any way you couldn't count on it to protect your computer <_<

I used home products from ESET (with valid licence not cracked) and are weak like ms security essentials. The best in my opinion was and is Kaspersky, second maybe Symantec products. Another av that impress me much was G-Data but I didn't tried the new version and when I tested it a few years ago it was using Kaspersky and Bitdefender as av engine so is to much to call it a different av.

I used home products from ESET (with valid licence not cracked) and are weak like ms security essentials. The best in my opinion was and is Kaspersky, second maybe Symantec products. Another av that impress me much was G-Data but I didn't tried the new version and when I tested it a few years ago it was using Kaspersky and Bitdefender as av engine so is to much to call it a different av.

g-data have the ability to detect 99.6 precent of viruses

@all

Please change your mind about dual engine AVs.Gdata is great now.good detection and now good performance.May be good you know: Gdata is first in start up time. :) ( Absolutely before WSA :P )

Anyway we need to sure about our AVs so i need big and more responsible AV companies . like: Norton,Bitdefender,Kaspersky,Trend,...

Funny how G-Data does worse than Bitdefender in tests ;) I don't like GData it's still heavy when I tested it but pretty good detection.

Morteza do you use other security other than suites? Seperate FW with Hips, Sandbox, virtual environment, backups etc?

I think that's way more secure than any suite.

No.In online banking i'm using safe browser like : KIS 2013 safe banking.In web protection : Webroot secure anywhere . In on-demand : Emsisoft.

So : KIS and Webroot for real-time and some times Emsisoft with those when i want to work in dangerous area like USB flash,cracking , ... :)

My own experiences with Eset haven't been favourable tbh,it's the only AV i've used that's actually allowed a couple of viruses through without any type of warning and when it did finally realise that a virus got through it sent me on a never ending loop of reboots on both occassions and never managed to clean either virus.

It maybe just me but i found the old nod32 from 5 years back a lot more secure than the new iteration.

..sorry for the earlier posts. Anyway, ESET may have not blocked that virus, but of course, that's why Updates were made. To update the VirusDef, and block the 'new' types of virus. Now it's up to ESET if they're goin to add that particular virus on their updates :D All in all, ESET really is good, and light at the same time.

at that try all of the thinks between two anti-virus was the same and this is eset's problem that it's is not match to new viruses ;)

My own experiences with Eset haven't been favourable tbh,it's the only AV i've used that's actually allowed a couple of viruses through without any type of warning and when it did finally realise that a virus got through it sent me on a never ending loop of reboots on both occassions and never managed to clean either virus.

It maybe just me but i found the old nod32 from 5 years back a lot more secure than the new iteration.

what a bad experience :(

what a bad experience :(

Yeah it's a strange one when you consider i've used practically every AV in existance over the last 10 or so years and only Eset has let me down.

Nod32 2.7 was the ultimate AV for me,it really was a superb AV and really light.I think the site owner may remember that build. :)

In my opinion and old test, ESET did very good, plus it probed to be the most light av solution, in the other hand, its firewall was not the best, and detection rate was 90%based on heuristics and 10% on update system.

Archived