Getting Anti-Virus Updates without Internet Connection

Sub0Freeze

Hello, my friend has a bunch of computer problems and I'm sure he's infected by viruses (he has absolutely no anti-virus and anti-malware programs). Recently, the viruses or whatever made him unable to connect to the Internet.

I would like to install some programs for him, such as NOD32, but without an Internet connection, how can I update the anti-virus program by downloading the newest definitions? Is there any way I can download the newest definitions in a file, put them in a flash drive, then somehow put them onto my friend's computer?

Please help. Thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Views 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first solution(Generador) on this page should help you out. Uninstall ESET(first any fix installed) from your PC, reinstall it, use the first solution, save the installer and all the files found in the folder Generador creates(I guess C:\Update) to a USB stick and then copy all files to your friends PC. Install ESET(no fix), in Setup > Update pick the folder with the update files as update folder(obviously :frusty:) and update the program.

(I'd recommend doing all of this when in Safe mode. From what you have described he probably has more than one problem, so it would be wise to use Spybot S&D and Trojan Remover as well(you won't be able to update those I think, you could try copy and pasting the program files for these programs to another PC, but I'm unsure if this'll work). A second opinion antivirus wouldn't hurt either...)

Archived