4 Useful Tweaks to Speed Up Your Internet Browser [Windows]

rajeesh

There are hundreds of articles online covering various methods to speed up your web browsing experience. This article covers a few lesser-known tweaks which will improve your browser performance in Windows 7, and should be applicable to Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Exploler.

Read the full article at source:

Source

• Replies 17
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any negative impact on win performance??like vulnerable to malware threats by doing so??

any negative impact on win performance??like vulnerable to malware threats by doing so??

nope....

1. Open Firefox and press Alt+T, go to Tools and click on “Internet Options” in the drop down box.

2. Go to the Advanced tab, click the General tab in the Options window. Navigate to Browsing and verify that the “use hardware acceleration when available” check box is selected. If this option is selected, Firefox is running in Software Rendering mode. Uncheck the box if you do not want Firefox to run in Software Rendering mode.

I thought that if selection IS CHECKED firefox using hardware rendering mode.

Am i right??

This tutorial is great, well done my friend!!

Here's my tutorial:

Enable pipelining in Chrome, there's 2 way to do it.

1. Method

Right click Chrome shortcut in your desktop and select properties, then add this in target line --enable-http-pipelining remember to add space between chrome.exe and and that command (example: chrome.exe --example), the click Apply and OK, then restart Chrome, and websites should load faster. (Chrome must be closed when you add that command)

2. Method

Open Chrome, the add this in address bar chrome://flag and hit enter, then search this HTTP Pipelining and then just click a word Enable then new icon appears bottom of the screen where reads Relaunch click that and it relaunches Chrome, pipelining is now enabled.

its hardware acceleration not hardware rendering

Oh...ok...

So the question remains..

Firefox gives the option to use Hardware acceleration when available (meaning compatible/capable GPU/drivers etc. you name it) ,so

how come when ticked/checked/enabled, firefox running rendering mode based on software? as per above statement ...

I'm a bit sceptic about these tweaks. Can someone provide test results ?

I can provide test results but how? What I have to test about? Page loading time? It's hard because my internet can jump around 45mb/s to 60mb/s in seconds, so it's not so reliable.

I'm a bit sceptic about these tweaks. Can someone provide test results ?

Hello, here is how things work:

By increasing DNS cache you will need less time in converting nsanedown.com to IPv4/IPv6 -faster establishing connection to site.

No security issues, only memory consumption is increased a bit.

QoS Reserve Bandwidths is myth. What this actually do is ONLY when your Windows download updates it uses 20% of bandwidth.

This doesn't increase your bandwidth.

On this forum very popular cFosSpeed is tool that, among all features can, in detail, manage how much bandwidth any application can use.

Use it if you want more network control.

Software rendering is used only to disable hardware/GPU rendering.

Hardware rendering is enabling Firefox/Internet Explorer to rendering of graphics and texts transfer from CPU to GPU, only if GPU supports it.

Disable / Enable optional - for fixing compatibility issues in Firefox and IE, or if your GPU doesn't support this feature.

Edit:

And last, leave auto tuning on default settings (normal).

@ 6enii

So we should only use DNS Cache tweaks? Is there any top values for those, I mean that what value is too high and what are recommended? Example:

• CacheHashTableBucketSize – up to 1
  • CacheHashTableSize – up to 384
  • MaxCacheEntryTtlLimit – up to 64000
  • MaxSOACacheEntryTtlLimit – up to 301

Nope, just find fast (and secure) DNS server like Google or OpenDNS !

IPv4 Addresses of Google Public DNS:

IPv6 Addresses of Google Public DNS:

2001:4860:4860::8888

2001:4860:4860::8844

which one is best google or open dns and does it matter if i live in portugal and use these dns ? i mean are they country or region specific?

I use Norton DNS, just for an added layer of security, I don't think I'd use google dns, they gather enough activity info as it is.

BTGuard doesn't work with Norton DNS nor with Open DNS. The only luck I'm having is with Google public. So I'm sticking with them.

Archived