Protection combination and Comodo FW queries

exDistance

Hi all, I have heard that the combination of avira av and comdo fw are the best software in terms of protection for the computer. Well and so I have decided to try that out. But just like to ask some qusetions on this combination...

As I am already having avira premium av in my computer, a few days ago I tried to install comodo and found that during the installation process, there's a section where it stated the installation of its fw and av where both of this options state themselves as 'Recommended'...

But given the fact that I already have av in my computer which is avira, is there still a need to install the comdo av? As I scared that it will hangs my computer since there will be 2 av, and so I have yet to install the comodo fw.

Can someone tell me?

Also, lastly just had like to know what other (best) combination of av and fw serves good protection for the computer?

• Replies 1
  • Views 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still using ESET NOD32 Antivirus in combination with COMODO FireWall.

COMODO just tells you it's recommended to install the AV as well because it doesn't check for installed AVs. You shouldn't install more than one AV, but if you decide to do so you should only make one active. I'd recommend you to only install the COMODO Firewall and leave the AV for what it is :)

Archived