New Wireless Accesspoint

PsychoticxBloodxLust

PsychoticxBloodxLust

ok so i come from for thanksgiving break my PC speakers are shot and my wireless router is fried go figure speaker no biggy the wireless very important and i wanna do it right this time so.

I'm looking for a gaming router, Wireless N perferably, i have DSL, but i'm really looking for a wireless router with built in DSL/cable modem.

Thinking about:

D-Link - GamerLounge Xtreme N Gaming Router DGL-4500 - $150 1st choice

Linksys - Wireless-N Gigabit Gaming Router WRT330N

Netgear - RANGEMAX™ WIRELESS-N ROUTER WITH BUILT-IN DSL MODEM DG834N - $150 single solution

Does Netgear have a gaming router?

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always had great results with netgear products.

In the past Linksys has been horrible but Cisco bought them in the past year or two so hopefuly things got turned around.

PsychoticxBloodxLust

I broke down and bought the dlink scares if i get the single solution and bricks like my other netgear then i'll shafted with out the net for sure.

I'll right a review over christmas break good price but with a 7-9 day wait with no wireless lol :)

PsychoticxBloodxLust

ok I love it Awesome speeds Gamefuel makes it worth it mac filtering etc...

5/5 stars in my book

• 3 weeks later...
PsychoticxBloodxLust

after testing it for 2 weeks the auto firmware update doesn't work, and software cd has trial crap on it makes them both useless

but after backing up settings and downloading the latest firmware from there site as well as the netwrok usb device software it works flawlessly the on'y thing i don't like is on'y one system on the network at a time can use the attached device, I'm looking at puging a usb adaptor in and hooking up mutple devices at once, such as my printer, and external HHD.

PsychoticxBloodxLust
So your a gamer, have you checked that NIC? : Killer NIC

I have looked at the killer NIC a few times asking myself $250 i mean ya its nice but my desktop is strictly gaming, no av no Firewall WSC (windows sercuity center) is turned off and my desktop is in the DMZ on my router so in many cases i really do not require the killer espicaly when my ping is <50 and depending on server location <20 or less maybe when i have the extra cash laying around after i graduate if they don't come out with anything better i will get one

i do like the fact that i can us the FNA torrent program and plug in an external hdd such as the one i plan on using

Archived