10/05/2007 ESET SMART SECURITY RELEASED

dor

I don't know what has happened at ESET after a year of v3 release date. I remember the old dear v2 as best AV on the place but now, after many installation on my and others' PC I use to maintaining, I have experienced very bad situation: High CPU usage, detection failure, system freeze.

Do some good developers got away from ESET and now is employed at Symantec?.

Is this just my impression (maybe a stupid impression) or sombody else meet my point of view?

Regards!

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bearoninternet
I don't know what has happened at ESET after a year of v3 release date. I remember the old dear v2 as best AV on the place but now, after many installation on my and others' PC I use to maintaining, I have experienced very bad situation: High CPU usage, detection failure, system freeze.

Do some good developers got away from ESET and now is employed at Symantec?.

Is this just my impression (maybe a stupid impression) or sombody else meet my point of view?

Regards!

I personally never experienced this for v3. As a matter of fact; i still love eset for its low cpu usage, high detection rate, speed and stability.

Never heard of other people complaining upgrading to v3 about those things neither, sorry to hear you have.

Im using v3 Antivirus with no problems since it came out. I did try different patches, but now im fixed with Nodlogin.

The antivirus runs very quietly and with low CPU usage for me.

I'm happy for you all but I experienced what I said. If you go on WildersSecurity.com, ESET official forums, you can see that I am not the one.

I must say that these facts happens sometime after days or weeks of great usage, but they happens (on MS WINDOWS VISTA). Every time you have to reinstall ESS as recommended by ESET SERVICE.

I used ESS v3 since beta time and now I'm with AVIRA because I have found it much more stable than ESS. Let's wait ESS v4 release day.

Thanks

Depending on your build, I am using v3.0.672 and it is OK! Are you referring to this version or earlier version?

hmmm... i personally have no such experiences...low cpu usage...no detections as such but comp not acting wierd too...so safe :rant: ...still agree...2.7 was a good version...if u have problems with v3 continue with 2.7...i know a lot of my friends who are happy with 2.7 and dont care bout UI and all...though i use 3.0.672.0 and am facing no probs!!!

Depending on your build, I am using v3.0.672 and it is OK! Are you referring to this version or earlier version?

My last experience has been with my friend's notebook (vista) and ESS 3.0.679 (first Italian language version) when I tried to install NERO 9.0.9.4c. I also encountered many problems (time of installation, runtime error, strange UI error texts) whith last NERO* but it is every time Ekrn.exe that take cpu's resource in that particular situations.

There is an italian saying that say: Don't care of the not good mouth of the Horse which you received as gift (metaphor: temdono) and I repeat I was a great supporter of Nod32 but I think that now I'll wait V4.

Regards!

* NET FRAMEWORK 3.5 was installed on this notebook.

well found this...

"There’s no word on a release date yet, but the current Beta applications don’t expire until 02/03/2009… so I wouldn’t expect to see a final release before then." -Cybernetnews

Archived