svchost.exe - Application Error

SacredCultivator

Lol I know that would be the quick way to fix it... But yeah don't want to format ><, and lol sadly my sis's comp's OS has been running for about 4 years without formatting and running greatly.. my last time formatting was a little under a year ago... Bahs.

Formatting one's computer depends on the extent of use not the number of years of ownership. That said, one might use a system for donkey's years yet be knowledgeable enough to maintain it in mint condition.

Yeah not sure of it so yeah.. but using Win XP SP3, and I tried uninstalling TuneUp Utilities 2k9 and well it semi solved the problem... nvm it idnd't do anything.

That was not a bright idea.

If her bios is recoverable it ain't such a big thing flashing your bios.. :rolleyes: :dance2: also Bios updates do remove lots of bugs .

It's a 'his' not a 'her' ('his' as in a 'pole' & 'her' as in a 'hole.') ;)

• Replies 44
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol I know that would be the quick way to fix it... But yeah don't want to format ><, and lol sadly my sis's comp's OS has been running for about 4 years without formatting and running greatly.. my last time formatting was a little under a year ago... Bahs.

Formatting one's computer depends on the extent of use not the number of years of ownership. That said, one might use a system for donkey's years yet be knowledgeable enough to maintain it in mint condition.

Yeah not sure of it so yeah.. but using Win XP SP3, and I tried uninstalling TuneUp Utilities 2k9 and well it semi solved the problem... nvm it idnd't do anything.

That was not a bright idea.

If her bios is recoverable it ain't such a big thing flashing your bios.. :sneaky: :sneaky: also Bios updates do remove lots of bugs .

It's a 'his' not a 'her' ('his' as in a 'pole' & 'her' as in a 'hole.') ;)

I was addressing her so i used the word "HER" for your info. :sneaky: <_< <_<

Okay:

45152473iu1.th.jpg

It doesn't tell me the manufacturer. So, can you take a snapshot of the CPU tab. Also, I'm not sure if this is it. It wants a socket type.

Biostar USA

For your information, I reconfirm that you've got his gender wrong. It's a guy in a gal's guise (avatar.)

Ohh my god.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Try this:

http://swigartconsulting.blogs.com/tech_blender/2006/07/windows_update_.html

You have nothing to lose anyway.

Try this:

http://swigartconsulting.blogs.com/tech_blender/2006/07/windows_update_.html

You have nothing to lose anyway.

Cultivator,

Try it and let us know if it works.

SacredCultivator

That is the thing I read the MOST when I first encountered the problem, so no go on that... and have yet to restart my computer lol so won't reply back on the problem for a bit till I need to restart.

... and have yet to restart my computer lol so won't reply back on the problem for a bit till I need to restart.

:wacko: Yeah OK LOLz, don't do it yet - it's so much easier to reformat than to restart . . . . . . . . godammit!!!! ;)

... and have yet to restart my computer lol so won't reply back on the problem for a bit till I need to restart.

:wacko: Yeah OK LOLz, don't do it yet - it's so much easier to reformat than to restart . . . . . . . . godammit!!!! :frusty:

that's so true because whatever we suggest Cultivator has already done tht so its the problem with ur OS and just format it. :) ;) :dance2:

try doing a system restore :huh:

Bang-on suggestion - he'd have tried it, too (except that he's reluctant to restart.) Check his following post.

That is the thing I read the MOST when I first encountered the problem, so no go on that... and have yet to restart my computer lol so won't reply back on the problem for a bit till I need to restart.

SacredCultivator

Bahs.. About time anyway.. So I decided to just do what most people recommend... FORMAT!

haha so hopefully this is the 'cure-all' so to speak.

Archived