Opera Turns 10, Offers Ad Free Browsing

Samurai

To celebrate Opera’s 10th Birthday Download.com is offering everyone a free full version of Opera, for one day only. Until version 5 Opera did not have a free version of its popular web browser, but now offers a free version supported by adverts within the browser. Today, however, on their 10th Birthday Opera is offering everyone a free ad-free version of its web browser.

To download a free version just head over to download.com, and to get your free registration click on the link below and get a registration key to use to unlock the browser. Remember, the offer is only available today as Opera celebrates its 10th Birthday.

Download: Download.com

Registration Code: Opera Website

Source: Neowin Website

• Replies 10
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SliverSamuel

lol, wad's the point of that?

Well this isn't the first company to do this, and probably won't be the last.

Aside from the fact of being very generous, it will obviously generate a lot of publicity, which is always a good thing.

SliverSamuel

well, we already have it in the nsaneproductions website

I love cashing in on free stuff like that. Thankyou Opera. To celebrate - today I'm using opera. Gaaah - it sucks. I'm going back to firefox.

I actually asked around whether i should switch to opera, because everyone in the other forums boasted about how fast it was.

I didnt want to change because apart from "its better", i couldnt make a decision, hwo much ram it uses (192ram here) how about the lovely grease monkey like extensions? i dont like clogged up screens, i prefer mroe fresh and empty screens etc etc.

Can anyone shed some light about the difference between the 2 and which one is probably better (apart from speed).

:unsure:

But i dont want to lose my nifty extensions :unsure: Although i dont visit geocities and rapidshare that much, it feels good to have something that can help me get through hehe.

As for using less ram, i guess i'll give it a try... anyone here using opera?

• Administrator

Me :unsure: . But i other browsers installed and also use them (IE and firefox).

Opera has loads of firefox's extenions features "out of the box". You can install opera and use it alongside firefox, that way you won't loose anything.

Archived