Firefox 3 bookmark problem

mana

Hello. I am suffering from a strange problem. Today i updated to firefox 3.0.4. Now what is happening is that what ever site I bookmark and restart the firefox, that book mark is gone. I have disabled all the ad ons, have uninstalled and reinstalled the firefox but to no avail. The new bookmark is gone after the restart. Any one having any idea what problem might be or any one else having the same problem. thnx and peace

• Replies 2
  • Views 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello. I am suffering from a strange problem. Today i updated to firefox 3.0.4. Now what is happening is that what ever site I bookmark and restart the firefox, that book mark is gone. I have disabled all the ad ons, have uninstalled and reinstalled the firefox but to no avail. The new bookmark is gone after the restart. Any one having any idea what problem might be or any one else having the same problem. thnx and peace

:) I never see that before, but if you need reinstall, you should try delete this folder, it contains all mozilla firefox cache, setting...

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla

hope this help

Haha, I just had the same problem today, too! I Googled the problem, and I found that after I deleted the <places.sqlite> file, everything returned to normal. I lost all my bookmarks, but luckily I had backed them up before, so just restored them.

Firefox 3 stores bookmarks in sqlite, so if that gets corrupted (like what happened to me), just delete it. Make sure Firefox is completely shut down, though. Then, Firefox will recreate it the next time you start it.

Archived