Which windows do you think and feel is the fastest?

visualbuffs

Fastest Windows Performance?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. which windows do you think and feel the fastest?

• Windows 2000
    • Windows XP
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8

visualbuffs

I'am using windows 8 beta now and its performance is weak! only boot time is fast!

planning to go back to windows 7 or windows xp :D

well my question is what is the fastest windows os do you think?

especially when browsing and multi-tasking is concerned?

i know windows xp is good when it comes to gaming

how about multi-tasking and browsing the web?

pls reply and vote :D

• Replies 45
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently Windows 7 is the fastest in my opinion. ^_^

Can not decide about Windows 8 until I test the RTM. :think:

Where are Windows 95 & 98? :D

it's kind of obvious, win 7 takes this.

can't say for win 8 , still waiting for the rtm.

vista in the poll, seriouslly !

..based on my experience, Windows 7 is faster than Windows XP.. I used to have Windows XP..but when I tried Windows 7, I never looked back again on XP. :D

vista in the poll, seriouslly !

Could be worse, he might have included Windows ME in there as well.

• Administrator

Windows 7.

Remember the times you couldn't use the computer till 5 mins after boot? That was XP days. XP was slightly light (considering it didn't have Aero visuals) but nowhere near Windows 7 in speed. Windows 7 is a fully optimized, updated mixture of XP and Vista. Whether opening a software or doing a resourceful task, it is all fast.

As for Windows 8, I don't think it's fast. I've tried it in VM. Can give benefit of doubt because of VM, but no, it's not as fast as I want it to be.

Why? Speed is not the only thing that matters, functionality does. If Windows 8 can do things in 1 secs instead of 2 of Windows 7, but takes hell lot of time to access things manually, I see no speed advantage there. -_-

Windows 7 was optimized for speedy functionality, M$ took away everything with fugly metro.

I still wonder what the hurry is, we don't have a few seconds for a program to load!!!........I prefer XP after using it for years but I did know it inside out..... WIN7 and it is faster, but it doesn't 'do' anything that XP couldn't.

visualbuffs

yah i notice that windows 7 compare windows xp.. windows 7 was more faster than windows xp!!

though windows 7 uses more ram but it is faster than xp. especially x64

im using windows 8 x64 now trying it on physical machine.. the performance is good and most of all it's secure

do not try win 8 on vm.. cos its performance is constantly slow!

Windows 7 is a fully optimized, updated mixture of XP and Vista.

This.

Win Vista with SP2 is almost the same with Win7.

The only downside is that Vista keeps using your HDD after it boots for no particular reason.

Why? Speed is not the only thing that matters, functionality does. If Windows 8 can do things in 1 secs instead of 2 of Windows 7, but takes hell lot of time to access things manually, I see no speed advantage there. -_-

Windows 7 was optimized for speedy functionality, M$ took away everything with fugly metro.

Yes, awesome observation.

To add to what's being noted, convenience is an additional parameter - Windows 7 makes it's mark felt, here (just takes a couple of clicks to access anything and everything.)

madeinheaven

Windows 8 much faster than any other OP i ever used. Windows Millennium> XP>Vista>Windows 7>Windows 8 that is all i already used so far.

Added@ I thought we all talking about fastest one not the best interface you favorable::!! O__o

Windows 8 would've been the fastest OS for me, too - except that I started hunting for it's Start Menu a couple of months ago (needless to say - have yet to to be able to locate it.)

Try Windows 7 Start menu which is just a click away and leaves you feeling truly intelligent, too.

I miss the fastest Windows 3.11 :P

Hmmm, Windows 7 x64 for me :D. . . . . But I still admire Win XP's functionality and performance rather than Vista :D

jimbojet2011

The question is not how fast is wich Windows.

Your computer and its components that's the real issue.

If you have a Ferrarri with a VW engine the speed sucks

If you have A VW with a ferrari engine .......aha now we are talking.

So don't worry about speeds @ boottime or the speed when Windows is running

Just make shure you've got an good system and every story written is @ his end and a waste of your energy

ROMANTICGUY50

I love Windows 7 64bit and don't plan to upgrade to Windows 8

Win 8 has alot of background programs running. You open weather app, you check your mail, everything stays open and using resources. I have an atom core processor and I can tell you about performance. I disable all visual effect and uninstall all metro apps, disable UAC, Security Center, Windows Search, Distributed Link Tracking Client, System Restore, and Win 8 screams! Think about it, the "extra" features added from XP to Win 8, are throttling. Once you disable the "add ons" there is an equal platform of features now between all Windows. That's when the true speed difference is shown. I could use XP but Win 8 is faster stripped down to XP's base feature set.

Archived