Which operating system i should use!

Anees77

Hello, i am not sure if this is the right place to post this but ,,

i was wondering what do you thing i should use, i am fan of Windows XP but i see all VISTA and now Windows 7 is coming made me question my self again..

my pc specification are :

infoby1.png

i have 40 gb harddisk :D lame i know lol i am going to upgrade it this month ,, anyway what you think

stay at XP or move to VISTA ?

• Replies 13
  • Views 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for your reply!

eXPeriences Tiny2003 ! can you explain more about that please? or provide me with a link

A guy in the Netherlands who nicks eXPerience has been doing customized OS from 2005 with help from other people and so on.

His found on retestrak.nl in the eXPerience lab.

The Tiny2003 is a cut down Windows 2003 Server Enterprise but it has all the functinalitys like XP but doesn't hog down over time.

EDIT: Just notice he got a new release out just a week ago, Micro-X it's called go for that.

Stay with XP Pro SP3 and wait for Windows 7!

QFT

Stay with XP Pro SP3 and wait for Windows 7!

QFT

Thanks, I am particularly eagerly waiting for the full launch of Windows 7 which should be schedule late next year.

Suppose to look like Vista, perform like XP. lol Of course with some changes.

It's prudent to stick to XP Pro and if the aesthethics of Vista or Windows 7 causes your heart to flutter, you could give a serious thought to Vista / Windows 7 Transformation Packs (some of these Packs or combination thereof, can put even the original Vista / Windows 7 looks to shame.)

:think: wow you are into that stuff

thank you guy's ill stick with my XP and wait for Windows 7 , until it got released i will have some changes with my pc upgrading my Hard disk and my Video Card

thank you guy's ill stick with my XP and wait for Windows 7 , until it got released i will have some changes with my pc upgrading my Hard disk and my Video Card

i Suggest you wait 6 month after an OS release for them to clean it up and/or make sure your stuff works. And maybe a stripped version made by our communauty.

i Suggest you wait 6 month after an OS release for them to clean it up and/or make sure your stuff works. And maybe a stripped version made by our communauty.

Very nice idea too , sure there will be some bugs and stuff .. :think: well downloaded windows xp sp3 genuine few days ago ill give it a test soon hehe with my new hard disk i hope so

:think: wow you are into that stuff

Hi,

Don't upgrade anything (unless it is free). Save your money for a completely new machine.

this machine is really good, compared to new PC's it do same .. am not heavy user on it , just online and some java stuff you know ..

upgrading is not expensive anyway ,, comparing to new pc that i cant offered to be honest .

and anyway i am going to get a Laptop as soon as i can buy ..

PsychoticxBloodxLust

If only i wasn't such a hardware enthusiast maybe i'd have some money to buy a loaf of bread

Archived