To Those Who Think Firefox = Security

Lite

• Administrator

Maybe you guys should look at this topic at DSLR.

My point being, not to cause a flame war, is that ALL browsers are vulnerable, not just internet explorer.

An alternate browser isn't really security, i've seen it in lots of places before - "use firefox and you'll have no viruses, spyware etc". It just isn't true. "Safe-Hex" is the only way to stay secure.

Any flaming in this thread, will be treated with higher severity, as you've been warned :lol:

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come to think of it I agree (Did I just type that :lol: ) FireFox may have more protection than IE, yet it doesn't mean you're completely safe. Safer than IE could be, but not 100%

It would of been so much easier if Lite just told us FF > IE, but is still vulnerable.

I didnt understand a word what those people were saying in that link :)

It would of been so much easier if Lite just told us FF > IE, but is still vulnerable.

I didnt understand a word what those people were saying in that link  :)

Word ese. I think I have an ida, but thats about it, I was like :wacko:

• Administrator

Theres a load of people who are super computer geeks at DSLR and forget that theres normal people (like us) around.... I got that as a link from someone i know.

However, the basics of that thread are:

Some dude went to some site (which had been hacked).

He then noticed one of his security apps telling him firefox was about to launch some aplication.

Firefox really shouldn't launch applications.

Turns out to be a flaw in Firefox.

Theres a load of people who are super computer geeks at DSLR and forget that theres normal people (like us) around.... I got that as a link from someone i know.

However, the basics of that thread are:

Some dude went to some site (which had been hacked).

He then noticed one of his security apps telling him firefox was about to launch some aplication.

Firefox really shouldn't launch applications.

Turns out to be a flaw in Firefox.

The part I understood when I read it was that FF was trying to launch something, but that was about it. Sure you're normal Lite :)

• Administrator

Just because i know stuff doesnt mean i'm a computer geek....

I spend very little time on my computer. I've far more important things to do....

Just because i know stuff doesnt mean i'm a computer geek....

I spend very little time on my computer. I've far more important things to do....

I'm not saying you're a computer geek, just that you're not an average user or the way I said it: a 'normal' user. Always so defensive, thats cool :)

• Administrator

I never mentioned anything about average users :) . I said stuff about NORMAL people (ie those not obsessed with there computers!). But i kinda think there the same coming to think of it. Who knows.... its been a long day.

Defense is much better than offence i find, but maybe thats just me :frusty:

Peace out :frusty: (- Lite, the guy who likes to act like he knows stuff :frusty: )

I never mentioned anything about average users :) . I said stuff about NORMAL people (ie those not obsessed with there computers!). But i kinda think there the same coming to think of it. Who knows.... its been a long day.

Defense is much better than offence i find, but maybe thats just me :frusty:

Peace out :) (Lite the guy who likes to act like he knows stuff :frusty: )

:frusty: 'The guy who likes to act like he knows stuff', now thats a good one.

Broke As Hell

I recently got Opera and got it registered. They were giving away free codes at Opera. :unsure:

Still have Firefox though.

I recently got Opera and got it registered.  They were giving away free codes at Opera. :unsure:

As reported in this thread :P

How are you finding it so far? Pro's and Con's would be nice :)

Broke As Hell

Well, I do like the apprearances. So far, I haven't had any problems. I think it has some small nice advanced features that FF doesn't offer. Although give me a few days, I haven't used Opera in awhile and I haven't had it more than a few hours.

Archived