Better File Rename/Suite v5.x

JessicaLeigh

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if you have had this listed on your updates page, but I've been using this software to perform batch file renaming and more:

http://www.publicspace.net/windows/BetterF...name/index.html

I've never found an application as user-friendly as this is. Please let me know what you think... thank you!

• Replies 11
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Jessica,

Welcome to nsane forums. :)

Just followed your link & been to their homepage - this soft looks promising enough to try. Hunting around for a fix for the same and hope to give it a try (got loads of MP3s to be filed & indexed.)

Thanks for the pointer - hope you have fun, here.

BFR-ASFH-4289-3993-9356

BFT-BSFS-3269-8989-9395

enjoy

I use File Renamer Turbo (latest version is 2.51) However, 'Better File Rename' looks to more richly featured.

• 3 months later...

Oops!!! Seem to have forgotten to post back, here.

I tried out Better File Rename (5.3.1.0) for nearly a couple of months on Gigabytes & Gigabytes of files, mp3 numbers & ringtones accumulated over the years. Thanks to Jessica, saved a lot of precious time that would otherwise have been wasted in doing a manual rename. Better File Rename goes about doing it's thing in a simplistic manner and would appeal to most Users - Noobs as well as Experts.

(ATM, I'm testing BatchRename Pro (3.38 2b) which looks to be quite sophisticated and multi-featured.)

Dear Noddy,

I'm so happy that it helped you to any degree. I don't know really how else to contribute here in the forums, as I'm so caught up in my job with [Dell], that I'm completely left out of the "latest-and-greatest" loop. If I learn about software either through my corporate peers or software that I can recommend personally, I'm happy to do it. :welcome:

Thanks Bandit,

I've never heard of it... I'll try it this coming weekend when I'm at home.

I'm away on business with an extremely locked-down notebook computer, so I couldn't try it now even if I wanted to.

I have checked out the joejoe site, and I'm really thrilled to see the apps there are stand-alone exe, and require no installation routine. I'm a huge proponent for portable applications.

... and I'm really thrilled to see the apps there are stand-alone exe, and require no installation routine. I'm a huge proponent for portable applications.

+1! loving simple no over anything apps! good point, well made! :rolleyes:

Archived