Windows 8 releases on October 26th

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

Microsoft has just announced that Windows 8 will be available on October 26th. You can learn more after the jump.

Posted Image

Microsoft has just announced that Windows will be available on October 26th; the announcement came from Steven Sinofsky at Microsoft's annual sales meeting that customers.

Earlier this month at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference the company said that the platform would ship in late October and that RTM would occur in early August. Now that we have a firm date, we can officially start the countdown timer.

Windows 8 is a massive bet for Microsoft as they are dramatically changing the Windows 8 experience. With their hybrid desktop/tablet OS, Microsoft is building a unified platform across all of its products including Windows Phone and we suspect (but can't confirm) that next generation of Xbox.

Since the general availability of Windows 8 is now known, we also finally have a target date for the Surface RT tablet as Microsoft previously said that it would go sale when Windows 8 launches.

Posted Image View: Original Article

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there's a new Daz loader to make it work, I'll consider switching :P

waiting for 1 year and ill see

assuming youve got a legal license of windows xp and or vista and or windows 7 youed best buy a lot sooner

they got a sale for first few months upgrade to pro with windows media center as added option for 39.99

Got one question though.. so when RTM comes out in august that release is the final and we can install it on our PC ?!

Is it the same as the release that comes out in october ?!

... So when RTM comes out in august ... Is it the same as the release that comes out in october?

Same as with other Windows editions, people who have MSDN account can get official download link to ISO and others who want the original DVD need to wait until October 26th, thats also when shops should start selling Win8 based devices and computers.

Anyone knows when Win7 SP2 will come with same optimizations and speed as Win8 or if it will never get SP2?

assuming youve got a legal license of windows xp and or vista and or windows 7 youed best buy a lot sooner

they got a sale for first few months upgrade to pro with windows media center as added option for 39.99

things wont truly work well with Win 8 and ya... 1 year is a good wait =P. plus i ganna see if my mobo's drivers supports it =S

• Administrator

RTM is the final version that only manufacturers get. Users have to wait till official release date. However, RTM gets leaked almost in a day of release of RTM.

Windows 7 SP2 is unlikely, more unlikely is that they'll bring any speed enhancement. M$ doesn't care for Windows 7 anymore. One, it's the most perfect OS ever, so it doesn't need anyother service pack, two, M$ didn't even have anything for SP1 as they suppiled only previous Windows Upates with it. Why? Because M$ didn't wanted to invest money to bring performance improvements, instead, it choose the money making path, Windows 8.

LoL, Windows 8 .... what a joke and that interface seriously? Whats wrong with regular desktop PC gamers and users and the Windows 7 layout. I wonder if anyone is 'old enough' to remember this ....

Posted Image

I dont have a tablet PC, I just upgraded my phone to the Galaxy S3 so I do everything on my phone on the go which I am more then happy with, so no need for me to get a useless tablet PC .... I have my desktop RIG for gaming and such and Windows 7 64bit does the job perfectly how I want it too. Why would I switch to that garbage interface?

That is what I don't understand what Microsoft was thinking, and now a release date of Oct 2012? I mean, what about Windows 7 ... why not leave it be for awhile, its a great OS

• Administrator

I heard that Windows 8 was a AOL copy but damn, that's like copying the blueprint. :o

PS. Googled and found a larger pic:

Posted Image

LOL. AOL "kids only". Shows what Windows 8 Metro is for. :rofl:

Yea honestly bro, thats what it is .... Look how stupid that interface is? I mean seriously ..... For us experienced computer users, Windows 8 is liking going a step back. We know how to use everything on a regular Windows machine and desktop. Windows 8 is treating us like 'dummies'

I dont want everything like that 'out in the open' for everyone to walk in and see what I am doing on my screen, whats wrong with the desktop and icons I have now? Windows 8 is not USER FRIENDLY for someone that knows how to use a computer, thats the problem. I have to learn a dumb-down operating system because someone else doesn't know how to use a computer? What a joke.

Turn Windows 8 into CLASSIC mode to get the desktop back? How is that classic? That is the interface that most people know and use. Hell, lots of people out there still using Windows XP ....

and also if anyones wondering the rtm code release to manufactorys will be same code you get from store if you buy disc etc only diffrence is the type of license key you get at store vs an oem key

things wont truly work well with Win 8 and ya... 1 year is a good wait =P. plus i ganna see if my mobo's drivers supports it =S

if your motherboard runs windows vista or later it can run on windows 8

windows 8 was disghined to be able to use all drivers made for vista onward of course for performence resaons you would do best to use windows 8 drivers if/when released since they will be optimised for windows 8 as the os

Archived