Mozilla Firefox 15.0 Beta 1

anuraag

Firefox is the award winning next generation browser from Mozilla. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely, and more efficiently than with any other browser. Make the switch today - Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose. Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker. View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them. Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.

Thanks to cybpsych for the update.

Download

• Replies 27
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This mad race to add yet another version number to your track record is really starting to annoy me. The new fixes and slight improvements do NOT warrant adding a new version number! In the past, this would've been a minor upgrade... :angry:

nik007rock143

yaeh seems like ff wants to overcome google crome in terms of version number :lol: :P

Thanks for the update :)

Installed FF 14 final yesterday and updated it today to FF15b

Keep going FF...

• Administrator

All you guys care for numbers? What hell of a difference would it make if they used 0.1 incrementation? Would it change the functionality? No.

Firefox devs don't care about numbers, when they work on it, they don't do it thinking that this change will be enough to bump the numbers.

The numbering system is the a new way to manage stuff easily and efficiently. Get over it.

Inside small changes in each version, there are lots of bugfixes, security enhancements and performance increase.

@DKT27:

Indeed.

If any of you want to see the detailed changes made to Firefox, go here and look for the daily builds.

• Administrator

@DKT27:

Indeed.

If any of you want to see the detailed changes made to Firefox, go here and look for the daily builds.

Good to see. I always forget mozillazine. :)

All you guys care for numbers? What hell of a difference would it make if they used 0.1 incrementation? Would it change the functionality? No.

Actually while I do see your point, the thing is, this is what has been isolating them from the corporate sector. The consumer sector doesn't mind this rapid release thingy half as much as the corporates.

Just the 3 versions in the first 5-6 years and 11 stable versions in the next 2 :o is by all manner or means a tad OTT, won't you say? :dunno:

With IE9 (going on for 3 years), they know their browser based apps are gonna continue to be compatible and they won't have to worry till it's time for the next round of deployment ;)

• Administrator

I may look like a fanboy here, but anyway. :P The answer is, Firefox ESR.

Now, Mozilla has offered them a solution, if they still want to torture themselves with IE then it's their preference. :P

I may look like a fanboy here, but anyway. :P The answer is, Firefox ESR.

Now, Mozilla has offered them a solution, if they still want to torture themselves with IE then it's their preference. :P

Yeah, I think it's version 12, innit?

• Administrator

10.0.6. Got updated to .6 side by side of v14 it seems.

10.0.6. Got updated to .6 side by side of v14 it seems.

Of course it is :duh: :wut:

OK, so I updated in program a little while earlier, & on checking the changelog, realized that you can actually disable plugins from loading unless you specifically want them to load. :D

That's killer. Now that is safer, saves bandwidth, loads pages quicker and you don't have to see visually polluting media etc. unless you specifically want something. :dance:

Those using page translating add-ons like me (Wiktionary & Google translate with Wiktionary disabled :yes:) remember - just click on the icon that appears on the address bar (awesome bar in Mozilla lingo ;)) for options regarding the feature for translation to work smoothly :D

Also, you can stop background loading of pages (pre-emptive rendering if you will ;)) from the same about config options page. :D

I am loving it :dance:

• Administrator

I wasn't sure about click to play but yea, lets try it. :)

Good that changelog is up now, mentions nothing about click to play though.

Say, notice the RAM usage? I'm seeing about 150-200MB lesser RAM (maybe because I haven't installed all the addons after resetting my Firefox).

Build-in PDF is interesting too. :think:

Say, notice the RAM usage? I'm seeing about 150-200MB lesser RAM (maybe because I haven't installed all the addons after resetting my Firefox).

Build-in PDF is interesting too. :think:

I've only just installed it in-program. I checked yesterday, but wasn't being offered through the update channel. So I'll obviously have to check it especially after I've worked with 50+ tabs open for 'bout an hour or so. I've barely got a dozen open for 20 minutes or so ;)

As for the PDF viewer, I've been using Pdf.js for some time, so it's all the same to me :D

As for the changelog, it does say 'bout opt-in activation of plugins :)

Apparently, it was also available in 14.x, I missed it somehow :o

• Administrator

Ah, even I forgot it was available from v14.

@anuraag: Thanks for the link. :) Lets see if things change after installing other addons.

I hate that the text box in the search (for example - Google) now fails to disappear when one clicks in the search box. Had first first noticed this behavior a long time ago, in the nightlies - many might like this new feature, though. :think:

Caution note:-

Some aesthetics (from the nightly) are going to be introduced starting from the V15 lineup that wont really go well with the general public - have hated them, myself.

OK, so I updated in program a little while earlier, & on checking the changelog, realized that you can actually disable plugins from loading unless you specifically want them to load. :D

That's killer. Now that is safer, saves bandwidth, loads pages quicker and you don't have to see visually polluting media etc. unless you specifically want something. :dance:

Those using page translating add-ons like me (Wiktionary & Google translate with Wiktionary disabled :yes:) remember - just click on the icon that appears on the address bar (awesome bar in Mozilla lingo ;)) for options regarding the feature for translation to work smoothly :D

Also, you can stop background loading of pages (pre-emptive rendering if you will ;)) from the same about config options page. :D

I am loving it :dance:

plus one less addon for me

no more "Flashblock" :) had been so handy all those years

I hate that the text box in the search (for example - Google) now fails to disappear when one clicks in the search box.

Yes, yes, yes! Annoying behavior. Why did they have to do that ? :o

Anyways, nothing that you can't get used to ;)

plus one less addon for me

no more "Flashblock" :) had been so handy all those years

Yes, Kashim Flashblock was gr8, but it did not have an option to temporarily enable plugins on demand, did it? I had to disable it 'cuz page translation wouldn't work with that and I have to work with web pages from different regions. So I just couldn't take full advantage of it :(

Was I missing something? :dunno:

Archived