Mac address

myidisbb

i remember hearing about being able to clone a mac address. i was wondering if there was a program to change or randomize your mac address (either while the progrm is running or after each time it is ran)

i goal is to make sure i not ban on hotel internet access. pain in the neck to get un-ban. plus something like this would be nice for collage students too.

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i remember hearing about being able to clone a mac address. i was wondering if there was a program to change or randomize your mac address (either while the progrm is running or after each time it is ran)

i goal is to make sure i not ban on hotel internet access. pain in the neck to get un-ban. plus something like this would be nice for collage students too.

This might be something you can use. Technitium MAC Address Changer

I have never tried it myself, but it looks ok. :yes:

It's great considering the fact that it's a freeware (referring toTechnitium MAC Address Changer.)

next questin will these programs that temp change mac address effect windows xp and vista wga?

Changing one's MAC address does not affect the WGA.

MAC address pertains to merely the ID allotted to each Network Adapter - it has got nothing to do with the Windows ID.

This might be something you can use. Technitium MAC Address Changer

I have never tried it myself, but it looks ok. :D

thx great tool

Changing one's MAC address does not affect the WGA.

MAC address pertains to merely the ID allotted to each Network Adapter - it has got nothing to do with the Windows ID.

reason i was asking that quesiton was wga looks for hardware changes in a computer. mac address if i reember correct from the network card???

Oh, I see what you mean - be rest assured though, I have never yet faced any problem on my WGA tweaked XP Pro laptops. Can't comment on Vista side effects.

PsychoticxBloodxLust

you are alotted to cahnge up to 2 or 3 devices at once in a machine before your key need re validation i know xp retial give you 3 reinstalls before you need to use the phone activation crap

you are alotted to cahnge up to 2 or 3 devices at once in a machine before your key need re validation i know xp retial give you 3 reinstalls before you need to use the phone activation crap

i mess around with ram from 2 to 4 chips in the 4 slots trying to get it to work correctly. in that day about 3-5 reboots and the wga hit me.

Archived