cFosSpeed 8.03 Build 1980 Beta

anuraag

cFosSpeed is a network driver, which attaches itself to existing Internet connections. It then optimizes data transfer by means of Traffic Shaping. Traffic Shaping is a method for optimizing the Internet traffic. It allows maximum speed while ensuring minimal Ping. You can use cFosSpeed with a router and/or a DSL-modem or cable-modem. You can also use cFosSpeed with other types of Internet access, ie. whenever you already have an existing Internet connection. cFosSpeed supports a wide variety of connections, like DSL, cable, ISDN, UMTS, etc.

Download

• Replies 22
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm.

Let me add a preliminary add on info for how to make the box trial-reset to work on latest versions than :) It looks ok installing a new beta over the latest final also.

This is the answer to make it work. A bit complicated, but still

Regedit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\cFos\cFosSpeed

Delete Enddate key.

Create QWORD with empty value. Rename it Enddate.

Close cfosspeed.exe

Use Cfos Trial Reset (MANUAL)

Install Cfosspeed again without uninstall.

If its not work sorry i dont know why. but it worked for me. (Windows 8 Release Preview x64)

Trial reset done by T4GOR that worked on cFosSpeed 8.02.1972 ( OS x86 ) doesn`work on this new version 8.03. 1980 Beta . :(

calguyhunk

I think I'm sticking with 8.01 till we find a proven working solution ;)

• Administrator

@jalaffa: I think this is very similar to the method we used before Box TR came or was updated. :)

Problem is, I believe that everytime one installs/reinstalls, the line is calibrated. In other words, all the data that it gathers and optimizes for our connection is lost. :(

Tried method indicated by @keras and in fact it works ( and for all OS ) . It gives some work but at the end is good.

For those interested, just have to follow instructions posted here --» POST Nr3 ( Jalaffa ).

Did a new calibration and it shows 100%. Next time I`ll check if calibration remains on 100% when installing the new version over this one.

DKT27 - I don't get that. A trial reset is a trial reset. It affecting the current calibration I'm unsure of.

• Administrator

DKT27 - I don't get that. A trial reset is a trial reset. It affecting the current calibration I'm unsure of.

I'm concerned about this part of the method:

Though not sure, I believe installing it (again) resets the calibration data.

That was how it was done with the old working box fix. You just had to install new ones on top. So it does not change the equation me think. Could be wrong.

calguyhunk

Yeah, it doesn't update from within the program. So you have to install manually on top of the existing installation ;)

• Administrator

That was how it was done with the old working box fix. You just had to install new ones on top. So it does not change the equation me think. Could be wrong.

If it's possible for you to check. Download and upload few things. After that, follow the TR method above. Once done, immediately open cFosSpeed window > Adapters (or simlar thingy) tab > select your current connection tab > on the last line "calibration", what does it say? If it says 99% or 100% then everything is fine.

The cFos Speed Test v1.1 thingy does not work here for sure. I own a legit lic used on main machine

Anyone knows the changelog? On the site only shows the changelog for the 8.02 version! <_<

Hmm.

Let me add a preliminary add on info for how to make the box trial-reset to work on latest versions than :) It looks ok installing a new beta over the latest final also.

This is the answer to make it work. A bit complicated, but still

Delete Enddate key.

Close cfosspeed.exe

If its not work sorry i dont know why. but it worked for me. (Windows 8 Release Preview x64)

jalaffa what do you mean with install without uninstalling, you mean installing over the one installed in the pc even if it is the same version?

Also when doing these steps:

Delete Enddate key.

Close cfosspeed.exe

do i have to do these registry changes everytime i install cfosspeed or once the 30 days are over. im kinda confused.

Picollo ,

= Install without uninstall means --» Install present version without uninstall previous or install over previous version or install on top of version you have on your computer .

= You have to do those Registry changes when the version you have on your computer reaches the 00 (zero) days trial and doing those Registry changes you can have again 30 days Trial.

Note :- About explanation posted by @ keras :--» Where it says QWORD you must read DWORD

and... The Trial Reset mentioned by @keras, is the program done by @box named BoxCfSTR that is on FrontPage ( just click on MANUAL when you open it )

Sense Frontpage is down download BoxCfSTR from here :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Site ......................................... www.mediafire.com

Sharecode ............................................................... /?q4nccafuwiun5z6

( Attention @Picollo:--» Some corrections were done. Paragraph 2 was deleted )

Cheers !

Jofre

Anyone knows the changelog? On the site only shows the changelog for the 8.02 version! <_<

They don`t give changelog information on Beta versions .

Picollo ,

1 = Install without uninstall means --» Install present version without uninstall previous or install over previous version or install on top of version you have on your computer .

2 = You have to do those Registry changes when there is a new version cFosSpeed and you wish to install it.

= Or, you have to do those Registry changes when the version you have on your computer reaches the 00 (zero) days trial and doing those Registry changes you can have again 30 days Trial.

Note :- About explanation posted by @ keras :--» Where it says QWORD you must read DWORD

and... The Trial Reset mentioned by @keras, is the program done by @box named BoxCfSTR that is on FrontPage ( just click on MANUAL when you open it )

Sense Frontpage is down download BoxCfSTR from here :

Site ......................................... www.mediafire.com

Sharecode ............................................................... /?q4nccafuwiun5z6

Cheers !

Jofre

thanks jofre :) i will try it for my x64 machine and see if it works

do i have to do these registry changes everytime i install cfosspeed or once the 30 days are over. im kinda confused.

Sorry for the confusion. The steps mentioned are only needed to be performed every 30 days. You can happily update cFosSpeed during that time. Also there is at no stage a need to uninstall a prior version thus losing any settings.

wenger20 :

That`s right, key is good even for this latest version 8.03.1980 Beta.

:dance2: Many Thanks ! :clap:

Cheers

Jofre

calguyhunk

Thanks to wenger20 :)

I can confirm that the key works for 8.03.1980 on Win 7 x86 and x64 :)

I updated to 8.03 from 8.01 only because you said the key was working. And you're right. It is. But for how long, i wonder :think:

Archived