Windows 8 Pro upgrade to cost $39.99 until January 31, 2013

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

Microsoft has just announced the upgrade price for all editions of WIndows in 131 markets, coming in at $39.99, Microsoft is making it hard to resist the upgrade.

Posted Image

Microsoft has just announced that it will sell Windows 8 Upgrades, for all versions of Windows Xp and above for $39.99. This deliciously low upgrade price will certainly tempt the masses as the price is low enough to be an impulse purchase and creates a low barrier of entry.

When you use Windows.com to purchase your upgrade, the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant will walk you through the steps needed to update your machine. After this install completes, you will also be given the option to install Windows Media Center, which is a free add-on.

The application will run its usual checks to alert you of applications or settings that may cause issues after the upgrade, all common practice for Windows upgrades. After all of the checks are complete, the upgrade assistant will download the copy of Windows 8 with its built in download manager.

If digital downloads are not your cup of tea, Microsoft will make a retail version available too. To purchase the physical DVD, the upgrade cost will be $69.99.

To note, this is a promotional price that will run until January 31, 2013. If you want to get the cheap upgrade price, you best act quickly and Microsoft has not said what the cost will be after January 31, 2013.

Posted Image View: Original Article

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

They'd have to pay me $40 to use it.... ^_^

Too less for me. Pay me $4000 per month and I'll use it.*

* The deal shouldn't stop me from writing negative reviews about Windows 8 or Microsoft.

Archived