Babylon Pro 9.0.5 (r18)

jalaffa

Babylon is a powerful and innovative translation and reference tool that is easy to use. Just click on any text in any desktop application - Excel, Word, PowerPoint Email, Internet Browser, Instant Messenger, etc. and get immediate online and off line access to dictionaries and encyclopaedias covering a wide range of topics and themes. Babylon is said to be the most powerful and easy to use translation tool on the web, it's able to translate to over 40 languages and will search 1400 different dictionaries and encyclopaedias in just one click.

Thanks to Freddyfre for the update.

Download

• Replies 20
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
need4steer

Thanks a lot for keeping us updated.

Is anyone familiar with a working crack for the premium dictionaries?

BabylonPro.X2.[upd2]-Patch_UnREaL is good for activating the product instead of using a serial, but it's not good for the premium dictionaries like:

• Concise Oxford English Dictionary
  • Concise Oxford Thesaurus
  • Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary
  • Merriam-Webster Collegiate Thesaurus
  • Britannica Concise Encyclopedia
Posted Image

It seems that if I'm using the ZWT.bof license file from one of the older cracks, "Babylon Pro v8.1.0.r16 + UnREaL RCE + ZWT.bof license", to be specific. I can activate the above dictionaries, but I can't use other premium dictionaries.

Posted Image

Way back in Babylon 8, when I used the older crack (that I mentioned above) there were 3 situations:

• Babylon 8 is cracked with this patch and with ZWT.bof license file.

Posted Image

• Babylon 8 is activated with ZWT.bof license file - so I can't use premium dictionaries but the ones that the license is activating.

Posted Image

• Babylon 8 is cracked with this patch, but without the ZWT.bof license file. In this situation Babylon is not usable at all.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's pretty obvious that the ZWT.bof license file was only for Babylon 8 activation, regardless what dictionaries I'm using, since the older patch took care of them.

Now, in Babylon 9, it seems that the situation is that the same old ZWT.bof license file can activate the dictionaries it was ment to activate, but the other premium dictionaries remaining unactivated.

Is someone familiar with a newer crack or license file?

Are there any other suggestions?

so the patch is not totally working for all the functions

thanks for letting us know need4steer. hope a new patch comes along to unlock the premium dictionaries

Knightmare

Why is the offline version r23 and the online version r18? Which one should I get?

Why is the offline version r23 and the online version r18? Which one should I get?

The offline version is 9.0.3 while the online version is 9.0.5, if you bought a license for it, there is no problem to use the latest version by downloading the online version, otherwise it's better to wait for the offline version to be updated, it will be updated to 9.0.5 in some next days. :)

Knightmare

The offline version is 9.0.3 while the online version is 9.0.5, if you bought a license for it, there is no problem to use the latest version by downloading the online version, otherwise it's better to wait for the offline version to be updated, it will be updated to 9.0.5 in some next days. :)
Ah, I see. Thanks! Is the patch not working?

Ah, I see. Thanks! Is the patch not working?

it seems the patch has some limitations (premium dictionaries remaining deactivated after patching).

• 4 weeks later...

Do I have to manually download the dictionaries for the offline version? Babylon, to me, doesn't translate very well. I was just wondering if I can do anything to make it better.

Beware of Babylon Toolbar (search the web) ! How can we delete it? Thanks!

@Knightmare: You can download them manually, but you really shouldn't.

If you still want to download them, you can get them at one of the following links:

http://www.babylon.com/dictionary/

http://www.babylon.c...glossaries.html

And for the translating issue, why babylon isn't translating well for you?

I know what something is supposed to say, so I put it in Babylon and it doesn't translate to what the word or phrase is supposed to say. I've only really tried this with German.

@Knightmare: Did you tried another German dictionaries?

And what about English translation?

If there's an error with the English translation also, please post a screenshot.

Hi,

does anyone know (happened to someone too), or has an idea why: when I start the UnREaL patch - I see it on the screen in a funny, distorted way in which I cannot press the "patch" button, respectively - nothing happens...even if I try clicking around :).

Screenshot (and thanks for your help! :) ):

Posted Image

@Knightmare: Did you tried another German dictionaries?

And what about English translation?

If there's an error with the English translation also, please post a screenshot.

Another German dictionary? What do you mean?

@capt_blake: Did you modified the file's compatibily settings?

If not, maybe try and do it.

Here is a screenshot:

Posted Image

@Knightmare: You wrote that when you're trying to translate some word in German, babylon gives you the wrong translation.

You also wrote that you tried it only with German.

So I asked if there is another German dictionary that giving you the same result.

In addition, are the English dictionaries also making problems with translating right?

@capt_blake: Did you modified the file's compatibily settings?

If not, maybe try and do it.

Thanks a lot for the tip need4steer! A valuable one...I haven't thought to try these options. And I did try after your advice..each and every one of them. I expected that this will solve the problem indeed. However, it did not happen...whatever I change in compatibility, the view I have of the patch is the same...and I cannot use it :( .

But once again - thank you for your help! :) ...

@capt_blake: Thanks a lot for your confirmation, and sorry for the late response.

Another suggestion might be to try and run it in safe mode.

Maybe there you will have no video issues with this patch.

• 2 weeks later...

@capt_blake: Thanks a lot for your confirmation, and sorry for the late response.

Another suggestion might be to try and run it in safe mode.

Maybe there you will have no video issues with this patch.

Thank you Sir! So simple and I still did not think about it... :) Yes, going into safe mode resolved the video issue with the patch :cheers: I am endowed for your help. And please excuse the long response-time, I've been traveling. Thank you once again, my best wishes :) .

Archived