System wide key shortcuts for Winamp?

shought

Does Winamp include a feature to create a system wide key shortcut, like pressing Alt + F1 to go to the next song or something? Because I've been searching something like this for a long time and couldn't find it in the options... (I could find a key shortcut option for when actually IN Winamp, but not when for instance I'm playing a game or something).

• Replies 3
  • Views 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preferences > Global Hotkeys. If it isn't there, try reinstalling & check that u have it checked on the installer.. ;)

Preferences > Global Hotkeys. If it isn't there, try reinstalling & check that u have it checked on the installer.. ;)

Do these work when playing a game, I thought they only worked when using Winamp... At least that's what it did in my experience, but I'll try when I get back, thanks for the help.

since they're global they should work even in-game.. but i'm not 100% sure, i haven't been winamp user for a long time (now using foobar2k & loving it..]

just assign keys that are not used in the game.. and if you have some multimedia buttons you could use those too, but you might need a plugin or something to use those..

Archived