Pissed off college Rant

PsychoticxBloodxLust

PsychoticxBloodxLust

Ok, so for the past year and ahalf my college has successfully blocked any and all p2p programs. which is fine by me because our wireless internet sucks, and is slow as shit with out every student doing p2p. now i elave for break, come back and they blocked torrents, they the abilty to downlaod .torrent files, but that is easyily gottena round by a simple proxy site, but now they have the application's blocked. talked about pissing me off. you can take my p2p away but don't fuck wit my torrentz AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How exactly did they block torrent appz, there is most likely a way to get around this.

they prob placed restriction access to some of the apps, if ur the admin you can easily get around that.

Nah, I thought they blocked ports, because he said something about college firewall in another topic? Blocked ports are easy to circumvent...

PsychoticxBloodxLust

very large setup our network sucks and isslow for starters because lack of bandwidth and over population. secondly as a student i set behind a firewall and packet filter, nd to make worse our hardware firewall is made by tipping point. thus more then ports get blocked, the school has custom scritps made that don't really block you from running limewire or utorrent but block you from connecting to the network, such as Can'e use limewire cause they acces to the gnutella network blocked. easily fixed via proxy right? Yes, but what if they block the proxyies, they hired a new guy fresh out of college who is at above and beyond the typical network admin i'm used to getting around. and even if i use proxy that will soon end when they Fireup ther enew baby NAC (network acces control) which check your computer for an AV they support on there network, as well as updates, and such. furthmore tey can then block apps sucha as limewire and torrent clisents then when teh NAC sees a user run it ot attempt to run it they kill your connection and set a temp ban time on your MAC address.

Note: they are also looking at a site filter, which could go many ways. i think its main purpsoe will be to denie acces to sites with malicious codeing and such not so much as what they are used for in highschool or a public faculty

Lol, I see you don't have the same kind of idiots we have at our school... Can't get past that.

Unfortunately its their network. However if you were to ask to become a tech helper... you could get a better look at what they are doing and more importantly what they are overlooking. Getting paid all at the same time. Depending on your major you may even get credit for it.

PsychoticxBloodxLust
Unfortunately its their network. However if you were to ask to become a tech helper... you could get a better look at what they are doing and more importantly what they are overlooking. Getting paid all at the same time. Depending on your major you may even get credit for it.

Thats the thing I do work with them all 3 departments on campus basement work on student laptops and promblems, first floor is network and faculty issues, and second flopor is where the big cheese sits.

I the really main reason behind the P2P blocks is me just to get rid of all the extra traffic on network tha tyou couldn't load google with out waitng 50 secs. because its very easy to proxy around which has work for 1 1/2 years until now. I am doing so sniffing with cane and abel, hopefully i can get ahold of the admin sn and pw. then i'll reek my own havok

Well its same in our college they have blocked everything from torrents to p2p we can't acess anything ne how our connection sucks big time as they have 2 T1 lines which they are sharing for the whole college so its useless to download anything. :towel: :frusty:

Thats the thing I do work with them all 3 departments on campus basement work on student laptops and promblems, first floor is network and faculty issues, and second flopor is where the big cheese sits.

I the really main reason behind the P2P blocks is me just to get rid of all the extra traffic on network tha tyou couldn't load google with out waitng 50 secs. because its very easy to proxy around which has work for 1 1/2 years until now. I am doing so sniffing with cane and abel, hopefully i can get ahold of the admin sn and pw. then i'll reek my own havok

Just be careful if you are on their network if you are signing into this site. Hate to see you loose your job. BOOO

PsychoticxBloodxLust

I'm to vauleable of an employee, so at least i ahve been told by the head of the department, if i can get real job rather then a shitty workstudy job with them, i could go to school here free

Archived