Galaxy Nexus banned in US

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

A few days after a judge granted Apple's request for a US sales injunction on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet, the same judge has made a similar motion for Samsung's Galaxy Nexus smartphone.

Apple's request earlier this year for a US sales ban of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone has now been granted. The Verge reports that US District Judge Lucy Koh, the same judge that earlier this week imposed a US sales ban of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet, has granted Apple's request for a ban on the first Android 4.0 smartphone.

Apple first filled its request in February, claiming that the Galaxy Nexus violates four of Apple's patents, including the "slide to unlock" feature, a word completion patent, one relating to search and Apple's Siri voice recognition software and a data tapping related patent. So far, it is unclear just which of Apple's patents the judge had ruled Samsung violated with the Galaxy Nexus.

First launched in late 2011, Samsung collaborated on the smartphone heavily with Google. It was the first smartphone that came with Google's Android 4.0 operating system out of the box.

Earlier this week, as part of its Google I/O developer conference, Google announced that the Galaxy Nexus would be one of the first Android smartphones to get the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) upgrade, along with the Motorola Xoom tablet and the Nexus S smartphones.

Apple sued for patent protection on the following software features:

• A means of detecting and marking up data like a phone number or an e-mail address, and then initiating a phone call or an e-mail when the linked data is clicked
  • A means of searching multiple databases and sources for data.
  • A slide to unlock feature.
  • An autocorrect-type function that completes the word as a user types and allows the user to accept or reject the word.
Posted Image View: Original Article & Original Article 2

• Replies 11
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Apple should be banned from the Universe.

all of those things still exist in 4.04. apple is just mad that they google came up with a cooler method of unlocking a phone :P (slide your finger anywhere on the screen)

Apple is nothing but a spoiled brat and a cry baby. I wish they could just settle things through "rock-paper-scissors". And they say adults are suppose to be more mature than children where in fact children settle things in more simpler ways. :lol:

Apple should just close its doors and let MS and Google take over. MS and Google are shadowing Apple for good.

worst mstiake bill gates did was saving apple

I'm just wondering why Apple isn't battling Microsoft again? Is it because Samsung is more threatening than M$ in smartphone/tablet market competition or just because Apple is unable to compete in PC market?

calguyhunk

I'm just wondering why Apple isn't battling Microsoft again? Is it because Samsung is more threatening than M$ in smartphone/tablet market competition or just because Apple is unable to compete in PC market?

Not Samsung, but Google. Samsung is nothing without Windows for their x86 systems and Android for their ARM devices ;)

calguyhunk

But let's face the facts, guys. Hating on Crapple doesn't solve any problem here. If people wanna continue to be idiots in buying their Macs for thrice the price of a similar/better spec-ed Win/Lin PC how is it Apple's fault if they just wanna milk the dumba$$es for all they're worth?

My $375 Lenovo G570 has a bigger screen, more storage, as much memory and a slightly slower (older) processor (P6200-2.13 Ghz) compared to the last gen Macbook and it costs 'bout a fifth of what that Macbook would have cost me here in India. Even an i5 quad (ivy-3210M-2.5Ghz)-4GB-640GB system will cost me under $600 with Linux/Free DOS. And we all know where to get our Windows from anyways :hehe:

Cons - It doesn't come in 'Pearl White'. Oh! Wait.... How's that a con? That's a pro if you ask me :P

But let's face the facts, guys. Hating on Crapple doesn't solve any problem here. If people wanna continue to be idiots in buying their Macs for thrice the price of a similar/better spec-ed Win/Lin PC how is it Apple's fault if they just wanna milk the dumba$$es for all they're worth?

My $375 Lenovo G570 has a bigger screen, more storage, as much memory and a slightly slower (older) processor (P6200-2.13 Ghz) compared to the last gen Macbook and it costs 'bout a fifth of what that Macbook would have cost me here in India. Even an i5 quad (ivy-3210M-2.5Ghz)-4GB-640GB system will cost me under $600 with Linux/Free DOS. And we all know where to get our Windows from anyways :hehe:

Cons - It doesn't come in 'Pearl White'. Oh! Wait.... How's that a con? That's a pro if you ask me :P

I think one reason why does Apple comes with higher price than usual PC because its Macintosh OS... Have you ever found a store that sells new Apple products without its OS? Other reasons - because they're greed - that's why. Just my opinion though.

Archived