VLC (VideoLAN) Media Player 2.0.2

Bizarre™

The VideoLAN project targets multimedia streaming of MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and DivX files, DVDs, digital satellite channels, digital terrestial television channels and live videos on a high-bandwidth IPv4 or IPv6 network in unicast or multicast under many OSes. VideoLAN also features a cross-platform multimedia player, VLC, which can be used to read the stream from the network or display video read locally on the computer under all GNU/Linux flavours, all BSD flavours, Windows, Mac OS X, BeOS, Solaris, QNX, Familiar Linux. VideoLAN is free software, and is released under the GNU General Public License. It started as a student project at the French École Centrale Paris but is now a worldwide project with developers from 20 countries.

Thanks to HALiD and thylacine for the update.

Download

• Replies 16
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
visualbuffs

wtf!! 32 and 64 bit !! thanks

Thanks for the update. :lol:

For a player that can do everything, it's amazing that it still doesn't show your progress through a video in the VLC icon on the taskbar, like all browsers do for download progress, other media players do, etc., etc., and have since about 2010.

• Administrator

I believe they are available from v2.0.0, :)

I personally install both 32bit and 64bit. :)

visualbuffs

I believe they are available from v2.0.0, :)

I personally install both 32bit and 64bit. :)

I never notice that there are 64 bit version of VLC since v2 was release :P

the 64bit version doesn't let me set vlc as the default app for media content on windows default apps mannager thingy (not shure how to call it :s).

32bit works fine, shows there to be set as default (106 possible app types for vlc to be default player).

Links no longer work, or they have removed the files. :-(

Another link added

Archived