Srs audio essential is not getting installed

rajeesh

Srs audio essential is not getting installed. Restarted my system 2 times..but still getting error.

Posted Image

Srs audio essential 1.1.14
OS - win xp - 32bit
installed component - .net framework 2 , 3, 3.5, 4 (client and extended)

• Replies 24
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlienForce1

-> What are the best practices for installing and running Audio Essentials?

Audio Essentials works as part of your audio subsystem. To ensure a clean and successful install:

• Close all running applications, especially media players or any websites steaming multimedia content.
  • Ensure that all service packs and patches are applied prior to installing Audio Essentials.
  • Once installation is complete, restart the system and you are good to use the software.
Source: SRS Labs

-> Can I use Audio Essentials with Virtual Machines ?

No. The VM architecture hijacks the Audio pathways and will not allow Audio Essentials to process audio.

-> You can try using a troubleshooter, it may find the services needed to run SRS go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\Hardware and Sound, and use the Playing Audio troubleshooter.

-> What are the best practices for installing and running Audio Essentials?

Audio Essentials works as part of your audio subsystem. To ensure a clean and successful install:

• Close all running applications, especially media players or any websites steaming multimedia content.
  • Ensure that all service packs and patches are applied prior to installing Audio Essentials.
  • Once installation is complete, restart the system and you are good to use the software.

-> Can I use Audio Essentials with Virtual Machines ?

No. The VM architecture hijacks the Audio pathways and will not allow Audio Essentials to process audio.

-> You can try using a troubleshooter, it may find the services needed to run SRS go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\Hardware and Sound, and use the Playing Audio troubleshooter.

thnks for ur help. b4 posting here i googled it..even i went to srs site for the solution. no use

ok no problem.

wats the difference b/w srs audio essentials, srs audio sandbox and srs hd audio lab. which one is better

SRS Audio Essentials is the latest one and the best in my opinion.Just look for version 1.1.14.0.Good luck!

madeinheaven

Well i tried SRS Audio Essential i even post the latest version inc crack here. It was not functioning properly in my 64 bit PC. I have to reinstall it cause i was loosing audio most places such as Firefox etc.

Dfx is only good for Media Player does not work Firefox or IE. I am looking for a software covers all the audio function in PC.

Well i will try to install SRS again see what happens.

Buy the way it does work VM Virtual Machine i just test it now in there first and patch the files to use in Windows 7 real machine .

Edit Note: Testing now SRS working all system all player inc. browser unlike Dfx yes i suggest SRS defiantly.

madeinheaven

SRS Audio Essentials 1.1.14.0

Posted Image

Instruction:

1.Close all the audio application if they are running.
2.Install SRS but do not start yet.
3.Stop the 'SRSHDAudioService' service (Start | Run | services.msc)
4.Copy and replace AudioEssentials.exe in installation folder.
C:\Program Files\SRS Labs\SRS Audio Essentials

5.Copy and replace SRSDSPProxy.dll in Common Files folder [This only 32 bit]
C:\Program Files\Common Files\SRS Labs\DSP Proxy
*****This applies only 32 bit for 64 bit you just need to copy exe.files in step 4

6. Restart 'SRSHDAudioService' service (Start | Run | services.msc)
7. Restart The PC. Done!

Tested on Windows7 SP1 64-Bit and VMware Work Station Windows XP 32-Bit

Download Link

Download Demo:

Front page

Posted Image

Download Only Clean Crack:

Site: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/
Sharecode: /files/KDUNBQTA/SRS_Clean_Crack.rar_links [?]

Virustotal result 0/ 42

Note: Crack in front page, full of Trojan, i decided to use crack in VMware and patch the necessary files and copy them for the real machine tested working.

The beauty of SRS is, works all your application using sound system in your PC. Players, skype, MSN, browser etc, that makes it better than dfx.

chlorophyll

my question here//

which is better acc to features n audio quaality??

srs audio sand box or essentials???

@madeinheaven - already got srs 1.1.14.0. i downloaded it long back from the link provided by you (http://www.nsaneforu...ssentials-11140).

and yes dfx is a waste..it is made up only for windows media player. not for vlc..

@RocketMan - 2 days back i just formatted my pc.then i installed srs.. it was working fine..yesterday got some problem. srs service was not getting started. so uninstalled everything.. cleaned my registry.. removed tha srs leftover folders..restarted my pc. then i tried to install it.. but it was not getting installed..again restarted pc. tried again.no use..

SnakeMasteR

I can only tell from my POV, i used both, Audio Essentials and Audio Sandbox. Essentials didn't work

properly

Posted Image

that message pops up on every start-up of Windows (clicking on "Start Service" every time).

I wiped it away and installed the Audio Sandbox.

Problems gone, it's lower in resource usage, easier to configure and it sounds better (for me).

Also another program would be SRS HD AudioLab and it's the successor from Audio Sandbox.

I can only tell from my POV, i used both, Audio Essentials and Audio Sandbox. Essentials didn't work

properly

Posted Image

that message pops up on every start-up of Windows (clicking on "Start Service" every time).

Problems gone, it's lower in resource usage, easier to configure and it sounds better (for me).

Also another program would be SRS HD AudioLab and it's the successor from Audio Sandbox.

same problem i was getting before. and it's always better to avoid using Essentials and Sandbox at a same time. it will cause problems..

luking forward to srs hd audiolab.

madeinheaven

properly

Posted Image

In the instruction i forgot to add the step 6: Restart the services after applied the patches!!!!!

6. Restart 'SRSHDAudioService' service (Start | Run | services.msc)

SnakeMasteR

I used an older version (SRS Audio Essentials v1.0.45.0) not yours, mih, forgot to mention that. :)

That window comes up no matter if you restart the service or not, it's like the program did not

recognize that the service is started and it reverts back when you restart the pc. That is why i

wrote "on every start-up". There was no way to make the service run and have it already run

after reboot. Always have to do it manually. I tried almost everything you can think of. And now

i will try SRS Audio Essentials v1.1.14.0 and see if there is any difference or at least this damn

service thingy gone. :s

madeinheaven

This version should work with the working patched files i provided above post, i tried both Windows 7 SP1 and VMware XP Pro 32 Bit, since now i have no problem.

Only problem i may think that, if you have a similar software such as DFX or Audio Sandbox you should uninstall them then do installation of SRS Audio Essentials 1.1.14.0.

;)

Well, i use DFX 10, it is for VLC as well. Never have problems. I tried SRS and am unsatisfied with the level of configuration and sound deepness.

chlorophyll

since 2yrs using sandbox n 2day installed essentials..

installation fine n tested..

felt comfort with sandbox only..didint lik quality of essentials

uninstalled essentials n reinstalled sandbox again.

anyhow thanks to MADEINHEAVEN for his great job in this thread..he guided very well

thanks dude

Note: Crack in front page, full of Trojan, i decided to use crack in VMware and patch the necessary files and copy them for the real machine tested working.

lmao!!!

How did I miss this gem (btw, just downloading SRS Essentials and will be back soon to either thank/curse.) :)

@ rajeesh

Had a similar issue as yours - managed to install successfully, though. Actually discovered that SRS insists on having each one of the following services started before one can proceed with the installation process (all the best):-

• Base Filtering Engine
  • Computer Browser
  • Security Accounts Manager
  • Server
  • Web Client
  • Windows Firewall
  • Workstation

@ MiH

Your (trojan-free) crack works wonderfully well. ;)

@ others

The SRS Essentials is head-and-shoulders above any other sound booster - what're you guys waiting for? :)

SnakeMasteR

This version should work with the working patched files i provided above post, i tried both Windows 7 SP1 and VMware XP Pro 32 Bit, since now i have no problem.

Only problem i may think that, if you have a similar software such as DFX or Audio Sandbox you should uninstall them then do installation of SRS Audio Essentials 1.1.14.0.

;)

As for the service, nothing changed there, same issue like in the previous version i used. The fix works, the program works but the service is messed up. Maybe there is some kind of delay in the service that makes that happen. When i compare the Essentials with the Sandbox, there is not really a difference between the initialization of the service. I tried using Glary Utilities to delay all other services to make the SRS one start as first as possible. Tray icon appears, it stopped working (System.InvalidOperationException) like the guy from here. After accessing SRS from the Start menu i got the same pop-up with the service. I read about Essentials service is an interactive service, so i went into my event log and found this

"The SRS Audio Essentials service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured not to allow interactive services. This service may not function properly."

so i would assume that the standard setting for that service (manually) should be automatically like described here.

For me the Sandbox sounds better anyway but to know that Essentials did not work or i can't get it to work makes me wonder why (when the Sandbox works). I gave up on this, i reinstalled the Sandbox. :lol:

thanks rocketman.. but it didnt work... finally i installed srs hd audio.. and its cool. better than srs as..

@ rajeesh

Had a similar issue as yours - managed to install successfully, though. Actually discovered that SRS insists on having each one of the following services started before one can proceed with the installation process (all the best):-

• Base Filtering Engine
  • Computer Browser
  • Security Accounts Manager
  • Server
  • Web Client
  • Windows Firewall
  • Workstation

I have the following services disabled:

- Computer Browser

- Web Client

- Windows Firewall

and I were able to install it without any issues, so I believe it must be all excluding the one's I mentioned.

@ MiH

Your (trojan-free) crack works wonderfully well. ;)

What crack...

@ others

The SRS Essentials is head-and-shoulders above any other sound booster - what're you guys waiting for? :)

That is true, I used Breakaway Audio Enhancer for long, but SRS Essentials blows it out of the water.

@ others

That is true, I used Breakaway Audio Enhancer for long, but SRS Essentials blows it out of the water.

Thanks for the heads up - was planning to do a test with Breakaway over the weekend (that saves me the effort.) ;)

Archived