1. 1. Bufferzone Pro or Shadow Defender

• Shadow Defender
    • Bufferzone Pro
    • Other(pls Specify)

• Replies 10
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer SD.......I just use it for testing software.......I believe however that its more rootkit 'proof' than BZ.....If it wasn't for sandboxIE...I would definitely use it as my principal protection.

I prefer SD.......I just use it for testing software.......I believe however that its more rootkit 'proof' than BZ.....If it wasn't for sandboxIE...I would definitely use it as my principal protection.

Well, the easiest thing to compare it with would be another policy-based HIPS (think DefenseWall), or even appguard. They basically monitor the system for changes and (based on the policies the user has set) restrict access to certain areas of the PC. Having said that, I don't use them.

I prefer a properly configured Sandboxie with a resident classical HIPS (MD).

Shadow Defender is more like TimeFreeze or DeepFreeze........Its neither HIPs or Behaviour based.....

visualbuffs

what the hell is this poll all about???

shadow defender is different to bufferzone!!!!!

Note : Though they are both virtualization environtment but bufferzone are similar to sandboxie not to shadow defender

shadowdefender vs

deepfreeze vs

toolwiz timefreeze vs

wondershare timefreeze

bufferzone vs sandboxie! instead!!!! (sandboxie)

Toolwiz Time Freeze! ;)

none. i use rollback rx. no problems here. oh yeah and if i had any problems i would immediately rollback to the original snapshot.. :P

Wow. Bufferzone and SD are two different software. SD and Rollback RX are similar. Bufferzone is a policy restriction/sandbox. Shadow defender is a light virtualization and Boot to restore. Rollback RX is a snapshot/boot to restore. I don't think that you can honestly compare the two. Also the person using Rollback Rx as a security measure, go search Rollback Rx TDSS rootkit. You'll find a bunch of folks that felt the same way. Until they got a TDSS Rootkit and it either corrupted the baseline snapshot or made it into the MBR.

When they tested them all against malware I know SD couldn't be breeched, but that was probably ages ago and the owner is no longer around. It's a mystery as to who's selling it nowdays.

I want to throw another into the pot that i'm using atm. :D Sysrestore by Sysnew http://www.sysnew.com/products.html

It's a Chinese company so the English isn't all correct but it's not a problem. Works similar to Rollback, RestoreIt, that kind of thing.

The free version allows up to ten restore points. You have to pay for up to 1000.

So far it's worked great for me, restore has worked well.

Worth a look.

Archived