What is the best External DVD Writer?

Rudeboy2025

I'm looking for a External Burner because the internal one is fucked up. What brand name would you guys suggest and where would be the best place to get it?

• Replies 6
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not get another internal one to replace your faulty one? External drives will be more expensive. In any case, I recommend NEC or Plextor.

I've never heard of those. Are they fast? One's I've heard of are Sony, Pioneer, and HP.

I've never heard of those.  Are they fast?  One's I've heard of are Sony, Pioneer, and HP.

plextor is suppose to be the king

sony suppose to be good too but do you really want to support them?

what was your old dvd writer and what happen? or what you did to cause something

• Administrator

Plextor is the most highly regard company.

LiteON and NEC make quality drives at much cheaper prices however.

Speed differences should be negliglible... however search on google. There was a site that tested stuff like this. But i can't find it in my bookmarks :thumbsup:

plextor is suppose to be the king

sony suppose to be good too but do you really want to support them?

what was your old dvd writer and what happen?  or what you did to cause something

I have no idea. I'm using a friends computer. It just doesn't work.

I have no idea.  I'm using a friends computer.  It just doesn't work.

control panel then system andyou should be able to find the ms name they have there. if its random like just google the name.

dvd writers now days i think does everything. you have to be careful you you was making it region free. nice sie i use is dead now :thumbsup: (part of the drm riaa/mpaa attacking the small guys before blue dvds come out)

Archived