Need Info On How To Build Computers

Ambrocious

I need a tut or something on what to order (parts - all necessary parts to build, make, and put a fully functioning computer) to make a computer. Can someone either show me a comprehensive link to all there is to know about building my own computer or something? Much appreciated!

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You never did this before? I believe Samurai posted a guide in my topic when I was assembling a new pc. I'll check for you now.

It's pretty long though, but when you're actually building it be sure to read every manual.

Found some links for you:

Thread by dock98 (The link in his post is currently down...)

eBook building a PC posted by Samurai

My topic(Assembling a new PC)

You should tell us what you're planning to do with your computer to help us pick components(if you didn't already make such a decision). Information like what games will you be playing(if any) or is it mainly an office computer(Word processing, Email, MSN and such), do you want to convert large movies and stuff like that, do you watch a lot of anime(like Marik)? :P

(Fourth edit) And do you have a site where you want to buy all components or a few, or will you just be buying wherever it's cheapest(you do need to take transport costs into account)?

• 2 weeks later...
PsychoticxBloodxLust

there is alot to building a new pc

componet wise

it all comes down to the motherbaord type such as atx, socket such as 775 intel or am2/am2+ amd, memory supported ddr ddr400mhz ddr2 ddr3 and graphics support nvidia chipset or atichipset.

that is your biggest worry then of course you gotta read reviews on the parts you want find out if a bios upgrade will be needed to support what your getting and weather not you hardware will place nice together, i built my pc back in febuary and well never had working to full potential till about 2 weeks ago when a bios update was released fixing bugs with my ram

so in persepctive building a pc on your own is rewarding in the fact that in the long run you can save money, but the initial bugs you'll have to deal with are deadly

edit when i say deadly i mean a serious pain in the ass to iron out if there are any and beside you can build a nice midend pc for 1000-1500 dollars i build mine for 1900 and the sata dvdburner craped out two months later and i still havn't replaced it lol

• 4 weeks later...

I think first you need to decide what kind of machine you want a gaming/normal/intermediate and then decide on your budget.And after that comes the real showdown that is searching through the internet for best possible option available within range.

An old topic isnt it?

This is the second that you woke up!

Ontopic: You didnt tell us how big is your budget and what are your needs!

There is a lot of guides on the net. Google is your friend :unsure:

If you dont know how to do something just ask. This are my waters.

It's always a good idea to "Research, Research, and Research."

So when you're out there on the battlefield, you'll know the do's and dont's :unsure:

Archived