IE help...

Steve

hey sorry if this is the wrong spot for this... but i would like to know how to get rid of the annoying buttons in the upper right hand corner of IE7.

it's those annoying buttons that is home|feeds|page|tools| i try to remove them via add/remove commands but they keep popping up whenever i restart the browser. any help please?

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just right click on the bar on which the icons reside. Next click on 'Customize Command Bar' and finally click on 'Add or Remove Commands....'

You're nearly done - you just got to migrate all icons from the right side to the left with the help of the 'Remove' button as illustrated below:-

post-13234-1222792378_thumb.png

Use FireFox

you just took the words right out of my mouth :dance2:

I'm sorry to go off topic here, and I hope not to offend anyone, but with all due respect, I find it very frustrating to inject "my software is better"-type posts into help threads when done in the manner seen here. I know this is coming off bluntly, and I really don't mean for it to sound that way, but i don't know how else to explain it.

When a person has a specific problem with a piece of software and is looking for a fix which is reasonable, it would be okay to either offer a fix or to say you don't know AND say something like "if you find that there are too many annoyances with it, you might want to try an alternative like X." Given, a solution had already been posted, but to answer "how do I fix X, Y, Z" with "use the software i use" is really not cool.

sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine :/

I'm sorry to go off topic here, and I hope not to offend anyone, but with all due respect, I find it very frustrating to inject "my software is better"-type posts into help threads when done in the manner seen here. I know this is coming off bluntly, and I really don't mean for it to sound that way, but i don't know how else to explain it.

When a person has a specific problem with a piece of software and is looking for a fix which is reasonable, it would be okay to either offer a fix or to say you don't know AND say something like "if you find that there are too many annoyances with it, you might want to try an alternative like X." Given, a solution had already been posted, but to answer "how do I fix X, Y, Z" with "use the software i use" is really not cool.

sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine :/

Your point is valid. To me (and I am assuming a large number of Nsaners) this forum has got to be one of the most helpful forums on the internet. Alot of times we have new guys ask questions and after we have answered the question we have the tendency to apply alternative software solutions. Specificly to this post, I think you would be hard pressed to find a whole lot of moderate to advanced users who perfer IE over FF.

As further evidence:

http://loader.gadgetzone.com.au/Reviews/Ma...3-1.aspx?Page=3

A test of FF3, IE7, Safari 3.1

Cheers

Archived