Avira disadvantages

TheBestOFN05

Avira Minus  

19 members have voted

1. 1. If your Ex-Avira Users and then you hate it so much. Choice below what reason you leave it (If another opinion in yourself, please reply it)!

• This program was blackmailing me with add-on along with advertising as well (Free Version)
    • More Protection, More Secure, but with Heavy Performance
    • Unusual and Useless Warning Notice, like SPTD problem
    • Have conflict with Windows Patch, Plus they related foolishness ProActiv Cases
    • It's better not to use their products at all, because of nothing maturity on bug free

TheBestOFN05

This program is my favorite. But my conclusion choose some options on vote choice, because version 12 poorer in a hurry and seem me :angry: . See :wtf: , before I almost want to not use it anymore because FP HEUR/HTML Malware several years ago, and they begged me with their cheap add-on that makes me annoyed at their free product, then the case ProActiv add their own black list :angry: <_< . Plus a lot of people say it is still productive Version 9 to fend Flame (because their are too selfish anyway, leaving everything to XP SP3)

AIS products are still lucky because their are familiar and well in my mind, but sometimes these products, leaving only dirt in my browser :( -_-

• Replies 8
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not just disable the advertising pop-up's when using the free version? It's as simple as using gpedit.msc to prevent avnotify.exe from running. You can also prevent Avira from installing the toolbar add-on by using a registry entry "hack" that makes Avira's installer think the toolbar is already installed. I also don't install the Web Scanning feature. Avira is THE best free A/V one can currently use, there are just a couple minor tweaks to make it less annoying. :)

Previous AIS will slow down your downloads, no clue for the latest version. Though it still a good choice for average users who don't go online much.

good antivirus but make pc slow down

:huh:

ROMANTICGUY50

I prefer avast over avira to be truthful

• 3 weeks later...

Avira is a good antivirus. It has high detection of malwares all over the time. But would slows down pc. I don't care about the nag screen coz we can disable that manually.

p/s: Using ESET smart security now. Truly balanced in security and performance. ESET forever! B)

UnderShadow

All modern AV's slow down the machine; it's just how it is because modern viruses are also too advanced&complex

I've found in 99% of cases the only reason one needs powerful computers, i.e. multi-core, high amounts of ram, is AV's & Firewalls

Shut them down and you'll find your pc has rejuvenated, as a friend put it.

Archived