Av-Comparatives (May 2012) results

dochihiep

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This chart surprises me a little because I didn't expect that Qihoo ends up this high. Why didn't they test Symantec/Norton?

For several years I'm using ESET which always ends very high. It's "install it and forget it." This is the main reason I'm still using it.

jimbojet2011

Don't let them make you inSECURE

Everytime you wil read about a test theres always something wrong with this AV or that AV.

There is no best AV!

Just Use that what you think its the best ( avast 4 me ) whatever the tests may say.

And remember the AV just picks out the viruses or the malware or the spyware......

A firewall is absolutely a must for them who wants to know what kind of info or program is going out or in or vice Versa

Just make a mix of the AV you trust and a good FREE firewall ( 4 me its Comodo )

JJ

This chart surprises me a little because I didn't expect that Qihoo ends up this high.

Quixoo is using Malware Defender HIPs along with an AV engine, and with a little fine tuning it will be a blast to use!

Glad to see Webroot is picking up. :D

Well I'm using G Data Antivirus and it deserves the high chart it has lol, has protected me very well last month :D

PD: I've been always interested in qihoo sofwater lol, gotta wait an english version :E

More than the AntiVirus module, it's the HIPS that actually bumps up these scores at any comparative review - it's not the firewall as erroneously mentioned above (with special reference to COMODO.)

When Norton is not in Dynamic test,level of tests will reduce :) .Norton had 100 % detection in last Dynamic test.

Sometimes when AV fail on test they give extra money to AV Comparatives so that they exclude them from the list.

Other reason is that they decided not to participate, whether they were unsure in their product or they don't want to give money for testing.

If you take a look at final review that AV Comparatives makes every year, that contains all reviews in that year, you will notice that some products didn't participate in some of tests, like Symantec, McAfee... , and others like Avira, AVAST, ESET, Kaspersky participate in all tests !

visualbuffs

winner :

eset

f-secure

bitdefender

kaspersky

at 99.01 percent

AlienForce1

Sometimes when AV fail on test they give extra money to AV Comparatives so that they exclude them from the list.

Other reason is that they decided not to participate, whether they were unsure in their product or they don't want to give money for testing.

If you take a look at final review that AV Comparatives makes every year, that contains all reviews in that year, you will notice that some products didn't participate in some of tests, like Symantec, McAfee... , and others like Avira, AVAST, ESET, Kaspersky participate in all tests !

In this way you can know which AV-s are reliable which are not - and yet , there are some that don't want to see what is obvious ... B)

My friend told me, Qihoo is using 5 engines and is very light. They are using Kaspersky, Avira, Bitdefender and I do not know what else. There won't be english interface anytime soon cause is gear for people in China.

Using 5 engine?!!!!! light?!!! No. Qihoo uses BD and avira engine and three engines developed by itself. :) but with these engines this result is not so good.They use some Avira technology too & ...

AlienForce1

When Norton is not in Dynamic test,level of tests will reduce :) .Norton had 100 % detection in last Dynamic test.

:think: Where did you see that 100% for Norton ? :nono:

You can see monthly results in 2011 reports.

AlienForce1

I have watched 2011 and 2010 reports and there is not even one with Norton at 100% protection . (you refer to AV-Comp. , no ? )

In AV-Test.org , Norton has ranked even worse , and when they saw that are on medium places they didn`t participate anymore to tests ...

- 2011 , best protection - BitDefender

- 2011 , best repair - Kaspersky

- 2011 , best usability - ESET

I believe YOU are NORTON fans :P but did you read carefully 2011 reports ??!

100% ? :lol: if it was,absolutely I could be FANS too. No AVs catch 100%. That's why we need additional layered protection such Firewall or HIPS

I believe YOU are NORTON fans :P but did you read carefully 2011 reports ??!

100% ? :lol: if it was,absolutely I could be FANS too. No AVs catch 100%. That's why we need additional layered protection such Firewall or HIPS

Yeah,i saw it later but now i can not found that :( .Norton can not support my region now i have Kaspersky and purchase it so i am Norton's fan but use Kaspersky ;)

Archived