How to disable the AntiVir splash screen during computer startup

halo

In order to turn off the AntiVir splash screen, please follow these steps:

1. Start the Windows registry editor (Start -> Run -> regedit)

2. Under \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ click on avgnt

3. Add the parameter /nosplash to this entry

The splashscreen will no longer appear during startup and AntiVir will start in the background.

Affected products

• Avira Premium Security Suite [Windows]

• Avira AntiVir Premium [Windows]

• Avira AntiVir Professional [Windows]

P.S i only copy this from Avira home page

http://www.avira.com/en/support/kbdetails.php?id=211

• Replies 18
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man, thanks for this useful tip - I resent splash screens (any proggie) and members are going to hate me for posting this (sorry, people but don't know why I can't seem to adapt to splash screens.)

Am going for this tweak, right away.

Hey man, thanks for this useful tip - I resent splash screens (any proggie) and members are going to hate me for posting this (sorry, people but don't know why I can't seem to adapt to splash screens.)

Am going for this tweak, right away.

that's understandable B)

I disabled my nod splash screen, becuz it annoyed me, seeing it at every start-up

Thanks! One of my pc is using AntiVir Free Edition. The splash screen is irritating, finally got rid of it.

• 5 weeks later...
I disabled my nod splash screen, becuz it annoyed me, seeing it at every start-up

How did u do that? Im very interested! The splash is really annoing...

2prck92.png

just un-tick "show splash-screen at startup"

Yes, it is - I'm on NodLogin 9.7

Wow, you're still on v2.7?

:notworthy: Donaldo you're a martyr :) .

He he - glad you didn't start an argument. :)

Still on 2.7?!

Wow... Can I ask why?

Actually, I suffer major BSODs with the V3 whilst copying/moving data within my system (also, my work volume is in GBs/day.) Each & every time a new build of V3 is released I give it a try but the problem has persisted. V3 seems to conflict with some application in my system - I hope to resolve this issue sooner than later. My other system has got Avira running quite smoothly.

It's WinXP Pro updated to SP3 with no other conflicts - all software updated upto this second. The moment V3 is uninstalled & V2 re-installed, the copy/move BSODs show up.

BTW, I'm referring to uncompressed data - hence deep archive scanning problem is also ruled out.

Which OS are you running?

:) Donaldo refuses to part with his nearly 4-year old IBM laptop due to sentimental reasons - his software is right up there (his hardware is the issue.) :)

It's WinXP Pro updated to SP3 with no other conflicts - all software updated upto this second. The moment V3 is uninstalled & V2 re-installed, the copy/move BSODs show up.

BTW, I'm referring to uncompressed data - hence deep archive scanning problem is also ruled out.

Understandable :think:

Well, best of luck :notworthy: Donaldo :frusty:

Archived