Tweak-UAC

eBait

Okay people,

I posted this after a few months of testing and tweaking with this piece of software, and it seems it is the perfect way between UAC on and UAC off.

The idea behind it is that it leaves UAC on, but auto-accepts dialogs. This might seem like it disables UAC, but it doesn't. The effect this leaves behind is a system where non-admin programs *can not* access system files, like it would with UAC on. But when you need your permissions, you can just right click Run as Administrator, and let the program run as administrator without *any more* dialogs. The only downside I experienced on a clean Windows install was that Security Center starts to whine UAC is disabled. So you should either - tell Security Center not to whine about such crap (yes, it has an option for that), or -disable the Security Center service.

Hope to add something useful to all's Windows experience like this - it made mine better.

http://tweak-uac.com/download/

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appreciate this. Should make things much more tolerable.

Also tried Smart UAC Replacement Version.1.0 which was more of a headache than vistas UAC

Anyway will give this a shot.

I am not sure how useful that would be. Yes it gets rid of the nag while protecting system files but for the average user (non nsane user) it is just another step to learn in order to use the computer.

Archived