Skype 5.10.0.114

jalaffa

Skype is a little piece of software that lets you make free calls to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world. And even though the calls are free, they are really excellent quality. If you and your friends, family or business contacts are using webcams, you can also make free video calls. You can even call landlines and mobile phones at really cheap per minute rates (and there's no setup or subscription fee).

Thanks to thylacine for the update.

Download

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which version introduces the conversation ads during audio chat ? :angry:

Well, as I just heard from my friend, this one does (5.10). Are the rumors really true? :s I think I won't update :(

• Administrator

Which version introduces the conversation ads during audio chat ? :angry:

Well, as I just heard from my friend, this one does (5.10). Are the rumors really true? :s I think I won't update :(

Rumours? :)

http://blogs.skype.com/en/2012/06/skype_advertising_update.html?utm_source=feedburner

Should have understand it earlier, M$ was not only after expanding their business and ecosystem when they bought Skype, they are also after money. I'm all for it if they implemented it on Mac or iPhone etc. ( :P ) but Windows only? Cmon.

StealthyBoi

Thanks for the update thylacine and jalaffa.

Ads?! Now we have to look for some tools, add-ons, or ad blocker to get rid of to help M$ out. :)

• Administrator

So if we use the previous version 5.9.0.123, we will not get the conversational ads pop out ?

I'm not expert in Skype, don't use or have it on my computer actually, only have the ID, but from what I can understand, yea, older versions might not give ads whatsoever.

Any credit whatsoever on your account also exempts you from ads. Many must have some accumulated from when Skype used to give out small credits here and there.

Archived