Strange Task Manager GUI

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

That Sound Issue, I realized is also possible that since all Media Stuff is on my D:, accessing those files might have some sort of conflict as well, and not just 100% on the Memory Leak from uTorrent.

For the Temperature, I did mean F, because the '87' was for my Primary C:

And given that you're right and i forgot myself that I store only Media and have nothing INSTALLED on it.. I'll try a format... Will take forever as I mentioned...

Not only is the TRANSFER speed SLOW, but hell burning DVD's are SLOW as well as it crawls at like just barely 1x instead of 16x.

• Replies 71
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That Sound Issue, I realized is also possible that since all Media Stuff is on my D:, accessing those files might have some sort of conflict as well, and not just 100% on the Memory Leak from uTorrent.

For the Temperature, I did mean F, because the '87' was for my Primary C:

And given that you're right and i forgot myself that I store only Media and have nothing INSTALLED on it.. I'll try a format... Will take forever as I mentioned...

Not only is the TRANSFER speed SLOW, but hell burning DVD's are SLOW as well as it crawls at like just barely 1x instead of 16x.

Slow burning DVDs could be due to various issues... I don't think I'll be able to troubleshoot that! But you could always try searching for newer drivers :rolleyes:

SacredCultivator

Hehe yeah... I didnt really think so... Well after I finish burning this one DVD... I think I'll go to the basics.. And just turn off my system, and unplug/replug the cables to the HD.

As for Drivers, I actually did download/install a few drivers for my system.

1. Audio Drivers for my RealTek Audio

2. Nvidia's ForceWare (Video)

3. Nvidia's nForce drivers for well everything else (Not sure if this affected the IDE/Sata Cable stuff, don't think so as my Burning Speed was already slower before that)

Think that's it... But yeah... I just hope worst case scenario doesn't happen (Replacing the HD, as I am low on dough given I have to buy other things for school that are costly ><)

---

EDIT:

Actually the Burning Speed could be affected by the D: right/ I mean if the Transfer rates are slow, then to 'export' so to speak to burn to a DVDR would also be slow.. I guess only way to confirm this is to waste a DVDR burning something off the Primary Drive, which I'll do after this current one.

SacredCultivator

Haha will do whenever I am able to spare like hmmm 160 / 4 => 40 DVDR's, nice

40DVDR's X roughyl 30 minutes... Lol... That's like an entire day right there.... Sweet

Can't you compress everything and put it on your primary drive...? Or send it someplace else, I dunno maybe a friend who has a portable HD? There must be a solution...

SacredCultivator

Haha, well I've tested trying to send some files to Primary and it is really quite slow... So can't really do that... Well I guess to just make up for the slow burning I can just do both...

Haha, well I've tested trying to send some files to Primary and it is really quite slow... So can't really do that... Well I guess to just make up for the slow burning I can just do both...

No friend with a portable HD? In any case put as much as you can on your primary HD.

SacredCultivator

As for friends with Portables, no, none around here, still at Dorm/Aprts {School} and don't return home for a few weeks.

Sorta sucks to have a Priamry Drive smaller than the Alternative so can't just put it all there.

His*

B) Gracias, so you're an 'he' & not a 'she' (BTW, some of those pics. of that babe that you keep rotating on your avatar & signatures are quite sexy.) :lol:

Anyways, hope this HDD issue of yours gets sorted out at the earliest.

Cultivator,

What OS are you using? And are your drives IDE or SATA?

You should check in the Hardware; Device Manager; click 2x on the Disk Drives; and make sure that Write Caching and Advanced Performance are enabled. If you use IDE, check to make sure that you select DMA if Available (Transfer Mode) for the Primary and Secondary Channel.

SacredCultivator

@box: Win XP Pro SP3, 1 drive is SATA the other is IDE (Faulty one), and indeed those are selected.

I just FINISHED transferring all files to a spare HD.

And now performing a FULL FORMAT, I definitely hope this fixes the problem...

@box: Win XP Pro SP3, 1 drive is SATA the other is IDE (Faulty one), and indeed those are selected.

I just FINISHED transferring all files to a spare HD.

And now performing a FULL FORMAT, I definitely hope this fixes the problem...

If the full format doesn't work running HDD Regenerator might help. You can find a working version in Hiren's boot Cd. Pm me if you need a working link for those apps.

SacredCultivator

Will get back at you on that as the Format is 50%ish done.

PS:

Just thought I'd ask in advance, for the Program, it's a boot type? Meaning I will have to burn to a DVDR and use that as a Boot Disk?

EDIT:

Okay Format didn't fix the problem,a t first I thought it did, but then it began to lag agian.

And I tried running HDD Regenerator but then seems it's teh Demo Version that I found, even after following the directions provided for the you know what*** =X

Currently still scanning

You're running XP so your only option is to make a bootable CD/Floppy.

Screenshot with details:

hddregeneratorbj9.th.pngthpix.gif

I recommend you first try to check for bad sectors, with another tool because this one can't, and if it still finds any after reformat run this tool(the full version) before you place any data on the disk.

SacredCultivator

I guess I can terminate the process now and do the checking with both HD Tune / Seagate SeaTools.

Ehh still bad =/

But lol, I went ahead and ran the WINDOWS built in chkdsk, and hey it actualyl went past Stage 4 and is now slowly on stage 5... And who knows this might even fix it.. If it does oh wow.. wasted a LOT fo time transferring files.. But yeah won't know till it finishes.

---

EDIT:

Well then that Chkdsk didn't do anything... So now just went back and running the HDD Regenerator... Gonna take forever but oh well... Still not too sure why it is Demo Version when on the program says it's registered...

For repairing your hard drive you need to reboot with the provided floppy from Hdd Regenerator , for it to work. Repairing from windows it's a no no ,so either the floppy or Hirens Boot Cd. I hardly recomend rebooting using Hirens Boot Cd.

SacredCultivator

@KilJaden: Yeah I ran it during Boot-up and it is currently running.

So you got around it?

I think box had the right solution.. I once had really slow transfers from a hard drive to another and cd/dvd burning would fail from that hard drive..

The solution was just to change from device manager (-> [primary or secondary] ide channel -> advanced settings -> device 0/1 to 'DMA if available' (transfer mode))..

It had changed to 'PIO only' by itself for some reason, but after setting it to 'DMA if available' and restarting, everything was back to normal.. :)

SacredCultivator

Tried and tehy were both set to what they should be...

I sorta just gave up and went ahead and purchased a new one online, and ehhh not too bad, $55 for a 500GB Maxtor, too bad I got ot wait till Tuesday for it, when I sorta need now for my Online stuff haha, but Primary drive doesn't have the space to support what i need from it.

Tried and tehy were both set to what they should be...

I sorta just gave up and went ahead and purchased a new one online, and ehhh not too bad, $55 for a 500GB Maxtor, too bad I got ot wait till Tuesday for it, when I sorta need now for my Online stuff haha, but Primary drive doesn't have the space to support what i need from it.

Shame it didn't work out... Hardware problems are always hard to solve(if this was one). Software problems aren't bad, there's always a way to solve them, but hardware...

SacredCultivator

Indeed, I tried a few software programs to find the bad sectors and well none worked so I didn't want to just keep working at it given that I wasn't sure if I could have it fixed so friend found me a great deal and I just went for it... Sad that they didn't carry it in store (Staples) so I can't just go and buy it, but oh well a deals a deal so just got to wait.

---

Oh where are my manners, thanks everyone that has tried to help me fix this.

Archived