[REQUEST] Avira Auto Updater

shought

Hey guys, for the people under you that have programming skills:

I'd like to start using Avira AntiVir as my Antivirus solution, but unfortunately you'll have to update manually and use a key that will get blacklisted if you update automatically(using their updater). My proposed solution is somewhat like the Eset License Finder idea and somewhat like Generador(if you don't know these disregard this as I'll explain further). We'd just need a program that would browse to the Avira manual update page and downloads the updates to an update folder and configure Avira to update from there, then configure Avira to update every hour and make the Auto Updater update every hour as well(Auto Update 10:55, Avira 11:00, Auto Update 11:55, Avira 12:00 and so on ;)).

If someone is interested in making this I'd be willing to Beta test it and help out with anything not regarding to coding lol :P

; shought

• Replies 4
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah nice idea shought! When someone does this, i'm in for beta testing too :P

Another possible idea is make something like the Eset Alternative Update Server. So just buy 1 key, use it to update the AV on 1 server, and from there update other client pc's. Then someone should make a server, and someone should make a patch to change update servers.

Well, I hope someone will do this cause latest tests show Avira is the best :o

Yeah nice idea shought! When someone does this, i'm in for beta testing too ;)

Another possible idea is make something like the Eset Alternative Update Server. So just buy 1 key, use it to update the AV on 1 server, and from there update other client pc's. Then someone should make a server, and someone should make a patch to change update servers.

Well, I hope someone will do this cause latest tests show Avira is the best :P

Yes yes!!! nice idea too!!!

I agree with both of you!!

Bye :dance2: :dance2:

Archived