Hello everybody !

ChaosMan

Hello people! I knew about nsanedown for some time (when it was named nsaneproductions if I remember right), but I decided to register now , mainly because I have a problem with my pc(a pretty old one) and I hope I can find some help.

The thing is the fact that I have a problem about how the online videos are played on my pc ( I take Youtube videos for example but the problem is omnipresent) - when in fullscreen the video is playing noticeably slowly compared with normal mode when it runs smooth, and the most annoying thing is that the sound is choppy, unsteady(not smooth as it should be, lots of clicks and small interruptions), especially if I am scrolling in the page to see comments for example. The problem started about 3 days ago when suddenly the OS did not recugnoise the sound card . I have uninstalled the driver with Revo installed back, after that it reconize it but the sound was horrible, so I have reinstalled the OS. The quality of the sound is somehow back but the problem about how videos are played is still present , so that is a reason for what I am asking if anybody knows the solution. The sound card is a Creative SB audigy SE, winXPsp3, the problem is the same with all browsers : Opera, IE , Chromium based ones, with the latest Flash player version. I suspect it is a problem with the sound card but I do not know about the slow video playback.

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome ;)

If you want some specific advice about the problem mentioned above you should probably post it in the Technology Talk (although it might also be a software problem).

jimbojet2011

Hai m8,

The problem that excist is probably that the traffic of your internet is @ bad speed for streaming.

Or its the wlan or networkcard in your pc.

Try to update your drivers and check if your internetspeed is correct ( see details provider and statistics : http://www.speedtest.net/ )

good luck and welcome to the club

JJ

Thank you for your kind welcome and I think I will stay a long time here. About the problem that I have mentioned above ,the souce is the stupid Adobe Flash player, the latest version 11.3 causing very high CPU load, reverted back to 11.2 (just for non-IE browsers) and everything is back to normal. When I tried to play videos with IE and latest version of Flash activeX the problem is back , but fortunately I rarely use IE . I saw that are many problems with the latest version(on Sandboxie forums and also here people say that there are problems with video playback ) , so until this is fixed I will stay with 11.2. There is a place where you can report this to Adobe ?

Archived