Help - First Infection in 8 Years .

majithia23

majithia23

The problem is the signatures that companies have. Dr Web catchs a lot of things that other AV's miss. The same goes for kaspersky and norman. Yes norman. Just take a look at VT or Joti. You'll have some ITW malware and norman will be the first to find it. Another one will have Dr web and kaspersky on another one. Some of it is Heuristics som of its signatures. The only safe way is to format your drive and write a new MBR. Other than that you can hope that nothing is hiding somewhere.

hmmm ... interesting ...

reading the first ever comment mentioning Norman !

never knew it was that good . if you say , i ll buy it ! ( the comment of course , not the Software ! :P )

well as of now , i have scanned with --

Kaspersky Online Scanner -- Found Infection .

Trend Micro House Call -- Found

Emsisoft AM -- did not find anything on full auto scan during installation , but did so on a subsequent manual scan .

Panda Online Scan -- Nothing

Bitdefender Online -- Nothing

MalwareBytes - Found

Super -- Nothing

Hitman PRO -- Nothing

i have cleaned the infections and did a subsequent scan with and hopefully did not find anything .

i think so the infection might have been taken control off !

so lets see ,

until suspicious something happening .

( damn : do you suspect something hiding ? formatting the whole system from scratch is a lot if work ...! )

It'd use Malicious Software Removal Tool. :P

But yea, seeing how famous Stuxnet is, any good AV would probably stopped it from entering. ESET (for its speed) or Kaspersky (for it's protection) is always the way to go. Take this example, just because you are sure you'll not get infected because you are very hygienic and careful about yourself, you will not take a vaccine required/recommended? :)

yes of course MRT..

thanks for reminding about it buddy .. started the scan !

and yes you do have a valid point D , but its just that i am kind of obsessed with the performance of a system without any of the common so called ANTI MALWARE softwares !

as i said i do have other security measures on the system , except the Anti Virus , and it was just this time out of hurry i forgot to exercise control and the result -- BOOM , " Hello i am Stuxnet ! "

as they say , bad habits seldom go away easily , so i am still not convinced enough of installing an Anti Virus !! :P

Next time, take care my fiend... :P

Posted Image

this sums it up buddy ! :D

( ever heard the phrase - a pic is worth a thousand words ! :P )

lol ....

• Replies 31
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@majithia23 ,

For peace of mind,

Locate these files and uninstall them. If you can not locate them it means that your antivirus scans deleted them:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mrxcls.sys

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mrxnet.sys

C:\WINDOWS\inf\mdmcpq3.PNF

C:\WINDOWS\inf\mdmeric3.PNF

C:\WINDOWS\inf\oem6C.PNF

C:\WINDOWS\inf\oem7A.PNF

~WTR4132.tmp

“Copy of Copy of Copy of Copy of Shortcut to.lnk”

“Copy of Copy of Copy of Shortcut to.lnk”

“Copy of Copy of Shortcut to.lnk”

“Copy of Shortcut to.lnk”

~WTR4141.tmp

Locate and delete the following Windows registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Services\MRxCls\ “ImagePath” = “%System%\drivers\mrxcls.sys”

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\ Services\MRxNet\ “ImagePath” = “%System%\drivers\mrxnet.sys”

visualbuffs

norton will be the solution! :D

grab a hold of a computer of a USB drive you're not using, and a working computer. Grab a hold of sardu, and load all the god damn antiviruses, and spend a day if not more scanning...that, or reformat and reinstall :P

majithia23 Bro, I guessing you use packed of software and utilities to fix your system.

By far what, I can pretend your system should be fixed. If not you still having doubt.

You can always use Comodo Rescue CDor SARDU(since it has great utilities paid and free both). Try it out.

@Technology

thanks for the suggestions buddy ...:)

Archived